Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: The Cavs again??!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First pick again? How did this happen? I didn't get to see the lottery but didn't they have like 1% chance?
crazy isnt it. i dont believe in nba conspiracy theories, but that was a long shot.
if there was a conspiracy, why on earth would cleveland be the beneficiary?

congrats to cavs fans....hopefully they dont doink it like they did last year

as far as pistons fans: we got screwed, and screwed hard. thanks ben gordon, joe dumars and charlottle (and cleveland's good fortune)

(for those that dont know: detroit had a top 8 protected pick, but with cleveland moving up, detroit moved to the 9th pick, which wasnt protected and now goes to charlottle.)
(05-21-2014, 05:51 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]if there was a conspiracy, why on earth would cleveland be the beneficiary?

congrats to cavs fans....hopefully they dont doink it like they did last year

as far as pistons fans: we got screwed, and screwed hard. thanks ben gordon, joe dumars and charlottle (and cleveland's good fortune)

(for those that dont know: detroit had a top 8 protected pick, but with cleveland moving up, detroit moved to the 9th pick, which wasnt protected and now goes to charlottle.)
Yeah. I wasn't suggesting the possibility of a conspiracy either. Just surprised by the luck that they seem to be having on lottery day lately. What they have done with those picks so far is a whole different story. Also wondering if they will go for a trade this year.
In my humble opinion, to have a pick protected for less than 10 is too much of a risk unless you get something huge in return. And the Pistons could sure use that pick now. I feel for Pistons fans out there. As a Pistons fan yourself, what do you think their next move should be and what do you think their next move will be? As we all know, what seems like the most logical step is not always what the teams end up doing.
(05-21-2014, 10:12 AM)Caffrey Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah. I wasn't suggesting the possibility of a conspiracy either. Just surprised by the luck that they seem to be having on lottery day lately. What they have done with those picks so far is a whole different story. Also wondering if they will go for a trade this year.
In my humble opinion, to have a pick protected for less than 10 is too much of a risk unless you get something huge in return. And the Pistons could sure use that pick now. I feel for Pistons fans out there. As a Pistons fan yourself, what do you think their next move should be and what do you think their next move will be? As we all know, what seems like the most logical step is not always what the teams end up doing.
i actually like the team how it is, though id be happy to get a dead on tree point shooter. what this team needs is coaching. it's embarrassing to have all this size, and be so bad on defense. josh smith is already a good defensive player...i have no idea why monroe and drummond havent been

get a pure shooter, stop josh smith from taking threes. this team can run, so they should be able to be good half court or fast break.

coaching. they need coaching. bring back lunch pail defense. and while we are at it: have SVG bring back Laimbeer as an assistant to put some toughness in these puppies
Jacoby, maybe the pistons can get Steve Novak from Toronto for something.
As a Cavs fan I love it, lol. Actually they haven't made bad choices with their picks. People keep looking hindsight. The Cavs couldn't trade last years pick because NO ONE wanted it.

When they got Kyrie, that was actually the Clippers pick when they traded Mo Williams. Ever since then teams have heavily protected draft picks, lol. I do feel bad for Pistons fans though. They have been squeezed out of a solid draft.