Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Gameday Surprise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
whats up becketters!

went to the cards game yesterday and they do a promotion like 3 times a year called "Jerseys off their Backs" where you can buy scratch off's for charity where the grand prize is, well, winning their jersey off their back. i bought a couple just because everyones a winner and have good coupons for local business. but one of my two tickets were a WINNER!!!!!!

during the 7th, i had to meet up with the cardinals staff, taken underneath the stadium through the tunnels, past the clubhouses into a little conference room. their we randomized which player we were getting. mid 9th, they took us back out to the green seats (right behind home plate) to stand to finish watching the game (we won too) and right after it was over got to run out onto the field and line up on the 1st base line where the players came up to us, gave us their jerseys and signed them.

photo 10314752_10203981694089109_1949264806788494300_n_zps77f58b69.jpg
 photo 10329023_10203981691769051_2983624930116075175_n_zps4f11489a.jpg
Phreakin' awesome!

Neshek is cool. He has (had) his own website where you mail your cards to him and he'd sign them and send him back. I sent him two that I had back in 2007 and he sent them both right back signed along with another signed card that I didn't have.
dude thats awesome!!!! i never win those scratch offs like that.
(05-18-2014, 11:29 AM)zeprock Wrote: [ -> ]Phreakin' awesome!

Neshek is cool. He has (had) his own website where you mail your cards to him and he'd sign them and send him back. I sent him two that I had back in 2007 and he sent them both right back signed along with another signed card that I didn't have.
seemed like a pretty straight up kinda guy. talked to him briefly while signing about his delivery and he said it hurts to throw like that. also, his personal life has been pretty well documented with some very sad news, but he stays strong.

(05-18-2014, 11:52 AM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: [ -> ]dude thats awesome!!!! i never win those scratch offs like that.
the guy that got yadi's yesterday, this was his 3rd time winning. thats a lucky SOB.
Wow thats an awesome experience/prize!!!! The Yadi jersey guy has the scratch offs hacked lol, cant be that lucky!!! lol
http://www.eteamz.com/PatNeshek/

simple google search and wamo! i completely forgot yesterday that he is a hardcore baseball card collector too. they've talked about it on broadcasts. apparently he has one of the best 52 topps sets out there.
That's very cool, and it's sweet that your team won...even if I am a Cubs fan. Congratulations!
Very cool man!...I bet that was an awesome experience! I happen to be downtown yesterday too at the Blues equipment sale.
That's AWESOME!! I'd love something like that!!

Wow PQ...very awesome indeed!!!!! Once in a lifetime experience , glad it happened to you! Congrats and thanks for sharing the great pics. And you are right...everybody wins in a promotion like this.....going to pass it along to the Phillies.
Pages: 1 2