Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Hey Guys, It's Been Awhile....Blues Equip. Sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, haven't really been around much this year as 2014 has been a pretty crazy in a good way year for me. First off I'm getting married on June 7th, and expecting my first baby around the first week of December. Additionally, I got a new job that starts the week after I get married that pays a nice 3x more than what I am currently making. It may have taken 30 years, but this is hand down the best year of my life so far. I'd like to start collecting again sometime in the last quarter of the year and at least this time I won't have to sell off everything nice that I get when I need the extra money.

Anyway, the Blues had their annual equipment sale today....I had never been to one and I'm off today, so I decided to go down to St. Louis to have a look. They had the sale at Scottrade Center down where the ice would be. The boards were still up so it was kinda neat seeing all the seats from a player perspective. Most of the stuff was new gear that had never been used and was just left over from the season. I brought a few hundred bucks with me even though I didn't want to spend it all. The sale started at 10 and I got there about 9:40 and there were already about 200 people waiting to get in. I guess there were some game used items, but there were so few of them that they got picked up fast. I ended up just getting a stick that TJ Oshie uses. They had about 20 sticks with Oshie's stamp and they were all gone in about 15 min of the sale starting. I figure I'd keep an eye out for a signing sometime and get the blade autographed and display it somewhere in the house.

Here is a picture:
[Image: 20140517_164144_zpsff223528.jpg]
[Image: 20140517_164159_zpsa5f77849.jpg]

Here is a pic from the 2014 Olympics just showing that it's the same stick he uses in game:
[Image: tj-oshie-scores-winning-goal-for-us-agai...a2c434.jpg]

Also, for you Halak fans they had these for sale too....there was no documentation with them, so it's hard telling if they were used in practices or in games. They had Halak stitched on the left side of the pad so they must have been his custom pads. $600 price tag per set though...
[Image: 20140517_103156_zps682ec77c.jpg]

They had about 8 Halak stamped goalie sticks too for just $60 each, but I they were Koho and some other brand. I looked up some game pics of Halak and I could only find him using a Sher-wood stick. I had one in my hand in the checkout line but decided to put it back since the brand names didn't match.
Nice pieces. $600 for pads is dirt cheap (identical and multiple sets are a pain, however, especially matching up marks to games), and Halak used Sher-woods in games, but used Koho in practices from what I have seen from footage that I recall.

He has also used Warrior brand in actual NHL contests with the Blues.
Has it gone completely dead here? The number of replies for like all threads are only a few each. What happened to this place in just the past 4-5 months??
(05-18-2014, 10:15 AM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]Has it gone completely dead here? The number of replies for like all threads are only a few each. What happened to this place in just the past 4-5 months??
Put "OMG [INSERT FIRST OVERALL DRAFT PICK NAME HERE]" or "OMG, that same Young Guns Rookie again" in the title and they will flock. I think your post is cool and I always go out of my way to take a look at any game worn post and occasionally comment.
I appreciate the show! I enjoy looking at authentic game used equip..etc...
That's pretty cool. My hometown Utica Comets had an equipment sale but I was out of town playing in a tournament and couldn't go. A lot of my friends got pants, socks and gloves that the players used. Most of it was torn or needed some kind of small repair which is probably why the guys just got a new set.

My buddy works for the Comets and held a pair of Erikssons gloves (Comets starting goalie) for me for $200. Wore them last week and there is a huge difference between pro stock stuff and what you buy from Goalie Monkey, etc.
Very cool that you could get into the building and see some sweet gear! Those pads are sick! Would have been nice if you snagged a stick, as I would have gobbled that up in a heartbeat. Thanks for the great show!

Randi
that is pretty sweet pick up for the stick

and wow pads for $600 is a steal even if it was practice ones