Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Trade Marc Andre Fluery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anybody else agree with me? EH EH!
DUMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPP HHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Idk. I can go either way. He does have a Cup though, remember that.
Just because you have a cup doesn't give you the right to not strive for a second...
Goaltending isn't there problem.
Probably time for a fresh start yes. But unlike other seasons, he wasn't the reason they lost. Their "snipers" were hardly present for most of the series. 1 goal in games 5,6,7 each isn't going to win anything.
dude, don't complain...I was firmly invested in Jimmy Howard...that is all lol
Sadly, they're stuck with both Crosby and Malkin for the long term, and I've never a bigger pair of post-season choke artists at that level of super-stardom. That said, they're locked up, do I can't see the Pens organization doing much more than moving Fleury, firing Bylsma and Shero and hoping that Sid & Geno can somehow not suck under new guidance.
Fleury can't score goals in the postseason, he was not the issue this year and he takes a lot of heat when it's not on him. There's no reason a playoff caliber team can't muster up 2 goals in a game.
(05-14-2014, 07:07 PM)bruinsfan08 Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, they're stuck with both Crosby and Malkin for the long term, and I've never a bigger pair of post-season choke artists at that level of super-stardom. That said, they're locked up, do I can't see the Pens organization doing much more than moving Fleury, firing Bylsma and Shero and hoping that Sid & Geno can somehow not suck under new guidance.
Granted, expectations are high for two of the top paid players in the league, but Malkin has the 2nd most points in the playoffs next to Kopitar and he was tied with Parise who was -3 to Malkin's +6. I'd hardly call Malkin a 'choke artist'. Crosby was also a point a night until the Rangers keyed on him and put him off. I won't make excuses for him because you should expect a Hart candidate to play through it. If you really want 'choke artists', though, it's hard to compare any Pens to what Thornton and Burns pulled off in San Jose - a combined 6 pts and -11 rating for two of San Jose's 'best' as they fell...
Being a Pens' season ticket holder, this is often the debate in Pittsburgh.

I do not think he should be traded, while he has had his lapses in the past, he was one of only a few that showed up this year in the playoffs; Fleury, Malkin, Jokinen, Sutter, Bortuzzo (when allowed to play) and Martin were the only guys that looked like they cared.

Fleury had Orpik and Scuderi were absolutely terrible and left him out to dry a lot of the time. He can't stop everything.

So if you trade him or release him, who do you get?

The entire team needs blown up, starting with ownership all the way down.

Personally, this is how I would break it down:

Keep: Fleury, Malkin, Sutter, Niskanen, Bennett, Martin, Bortuzzo, Jokinen, Goc, Maatta, Kunitz, Vitale
Shop: Neal, Crosby, Letang, Dupuis, Scuderi
Gone: Pyatt, Gibbons, Conner, Engelland, Orpik, Glass, Adams, Stempniak, Bylsma, Shero

Dream trade would be Crosby and Letang to Edmonton for Four 1st Round Picks, Nugent-Hopkins, Schultz, Eberle.
Pages: 1 2