Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Newest pick-ups ADDED MORE 5/14/14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a few new cards in today. Here are 2 of them. The rest are in my Trevor Bayne thread. I also got the last 2 TM Acceleration cards I needed for my PC's (Gordon and Kyle Busch).

[Image: JJ-2006StealthGearGrippers.jpg]

[Image: 2014BurningRubberChase-JG.jpg]
Nice pickups! Love the title of the JJ card and the look of the tire on the Gordon!
Nice pick-ups Adam!

Jerry
Nice stuff
Thanks guys. I was pretty happy to get those two in-hand.
The Gear Grippers actually has a little story to it. When Beckett had their Customer Appreciation Month in 2012, that card was one of the prizes. I wanted it SO bad b/c I didn't have a JJ RU'd glove card yet. I didn't win it but I contacted the winner as soon as I found out he won it. He doesn't collect NASCAR but said he wanted to hold on to it for a bit. He told me he would contact me whenever he decided to get rid of it. I had completely forgot about it until about a week and a half ago when I got a PM from him. We worked it out and I sent him $70 worth of Denver Broncos cards for it, including an AU card. Even though I have obtained a couple of glove cards since I first saw that one, I am still thrilled to finally have it in my PC.

I forgot to add two more cards I got in last week. I'll try to get the scans added to this thread soon.
Actually, it was 3 cards I forgot to add here. Was only going to add RUs and AUs, but I have a low #'d parallel to add too.

I got this one from Jason for the Rusty Door #'d RU and 2 of my 2014 TM RU pulls (guess which ones). Big Grin

2007 PP Cup Chase Prizes

[Image: JJ-2007PPCupChasePrizes.jpg]

I got this one on FeeBay for 99 cents plus shipping:
2014 PP Color Proofs Cyan #'d 34/35

[Image: JJ-2014PPColorProofsCyan17.jpg]

Finally, I traded a Ty Dillon 2014 TM 3x RU that I bought on the Bay for this next card. My 1st AU of him:
2012 Fanfare Autographs Silver #'d 148/175 Paulie Harraka

[Image: Harraka-2012FanfareAUSilver.jpg]

BTW, if anyone has any Harraka cards FT - PLZ LMK. I believe all official cards of him are from the 2012 Fanfare release. I also have his holofoil die-cut card from 2012 Fanfare.
Got these in today. 2013 TM Single Swatch and Triple Swatch #62/99

[Image: MM-2013TMSwatches.jpg]
(05-14-2014, 02:06 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]I got this one on FeeBay for 99 cents plus shipping:
2014 PP Color Proofs Cyan #'d 34/35

[Image: JJ-2014PPColorProofsCyan17.jpg]
I want to go on record as saying I really like the Press Pass Proof cards. The four versions are like plates, each color represented, and I think they look cool. It would be really cool if they all were serial numbered in every product (they haven't been, only the B/W and Yellow, usually), but I think it's a great little chase set.
(05-15-2014, 07:17 AM)dunnere Wrote: [ -> ]I want to go on record as saying I really like the Press Pass Proof cards. The four versions are like plates, each color represented, and I think they look cool. It would be really cool if they all were serial numbered in every product (they haven't been, only the B/W and Yellow, usually), but I think it's a great little chase set.
I completely agree. I like these proofs more than the plates b/c more collectors have a chance to add them to their PC.
I have only acquired ONE printing plate in my entire collection of cards. It is a football one that I almost wish I didn't have now. I traded for it just to add it to my Panthers collection, but the player was a long-term BUST. I only keep it off the trading block b/c it is still my only plate. I have never pulled or managed to buy a 1/1 of any kind.