Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Best pull ever?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the best card you have ever pulled from a box or pack? It doesn't have to be Racing-related b/c I know many of us collect other sports as well. I want to see highest BV cards, but favorite PC pull will also be fine. You don't have to include a scan or pic, but at least give a nice description and/or the link to Becketts' info page for the card.

My highest BV pull ever happens to be from Racing:

2010 PP Legends Family Autographs #'d /25 (BV was $300 when pulled - now at $350)

[Image: PPLeg-ForceFamilyAU.jpg]

My favorite PC pull ever is probably this:

2008 UD Icons Immortal Lettermen Ozzie Smith Letter 'T' #'d 08/40

[Image: OzzieLettermenIT-1.jpg]

That would be my fav. b/c it was exactly what I was hoping to pull when I ordered the box. It is a manufactued patch (booooo) and the BV has gone down recently, but I was thrilled when I pulled it. To add to that, the best card in the box was a Pablo Sandoval RC AU card that I traded for my life-long white whale - an Ozzie Smith 1979 Topps RC card. The Sandoval has gone down significantly over the years, but my Ozzie RC is still at the same BV and still in NM/MT condition.
BTW, the letter 'I' was bought about a year later. I haven't added more yet but I just know that when I do, somehow I will end up with the first and last letters of his last name. Put those in front of the I and T. Big Grin

Anyway, let's see what everyone has to post here!
Love those Ozzie Lettermans, Adam...you know I'd love to have a copy of those too!

My best pull ever was actually from baseball. You know those Walmart mixed boxes for $20 that have something like 16 different packs? I picked one of those up early last summer and pulled a 2012 Bowman Platinum Manny Machado Gold AU/50 EXCH...when I entered the code to redeem it, it had a $150 BV, but a few short weeks later when I got it in the mail (yeah, only a few weeks from Topps! Shocker!), Machado had been called up to the Majors and was on fire. When I finally had it in-hand, it had a $450 BV! Traded it at the time for several nice Cardinals PC autos. The Machado has since dropped, but I still banked as far as PC cards! No scan anymore unfortunately...but it was my best pull ever & from a retail mixed box no less!

My best PC pull ever was a 2011 Element Austin Dillon AU/15. I had picked up 8 hobby packs from a store that no longer wanted to sell cards and they gave me a deep discount...like $2 per pack. Definitely made my day!
(05-01-2014, 12:00 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: [ -> ]Love those Ozzie Lettermans, Adam...you know I'd love to have a copy of those too!

My best pull ever was actually from baseball. You know those Walmart mixed boxes for $20 that have something like 16 different packs? I picked one of those up early last summer and pulled a 2012 Bowman Platinum Manny Machado Gold AU/50 EXCH...when I entered the code to redeem it, it had a $150 BV, but a few short weeks later when I got it in the mail (yeah, only a few weeks from Topps! Shocker!), Machado had been called up to the Majors and was on fire. When I finally had it in-hand, it had a $450 BV! Traded it at the time for several nice Cardinals PC autos. The Machado has since dropped, but I still banked as far as PC cards! No scan anymore unfortunately...but it was my best pull ever & from a retail mixed box no less!

My best PC pull ever was a 2011 Element Austin Dillon AU/15. I had picked up 8 hobby packs from a store that no longer wanted to sell cards and they gave me a deep discount...like $2 per pack. Definitely made my day!
Wow! Awesome pulls, Jason. I have pulled quite a bit of nice stuff from that type of retail re-pack but nothing like the Machado AU. Wow again for the quick turn-around for a redemption. That almost never happens with Topps, even if you pull the EXCH card a year or so later.
As for the Ozzie Lettermen cards, check out some sites. They are still out there for sell. The problem I am having is that those sellers want way more than I will spend on one of them. The BV dropped from $50 to $30 at some point this year, but no sellers seem to know that (same problem I am having with the JJ 2009 PP Holofoil cards).
I actually got back into collecting NASCAR thanks to the AutoZone parts stores. Back in 2005, my company got a contract to strip and re-wax the regional stores here (9 stores in all) as well as to buff (re-polish) the floors every week. My boss dropped me off to handle one while he went to another store. I saw this mostly full retail box of 2003 Eclipse packs. While I was waiting for him to pick me up, I asked the cashier how much they really were. They were marked $2.99/pack. She scanned one and it rang up as 1 cent! Yes, ONE CENT per pack. I bought all 18 packs for 20 cents. This was also the time-period that AutoZone and Coca Cola were doing their promotional contest for a trip to the Coke 600. All the stores had packs of cards from the Coca-Cola Racing Family (at that time) and I was able to receive a bunch of the leftovers. They released 1 card per week, so I was able to get anything that wasn't given away.
Wow, that was a LOT of rambling. I will stop now. Let's see what else you guys have to post here.
The Force Family autos are freaking awesome and would definitely be your best pull so far!
[Image: 001_crop_zpsf560e483.jpg]
SWEET! I still haven't gotten my hands on a lugnut card.
Nor I, Adam...love that lugnut auto! I've been looking for a Rusty for awhile. That was a great pull, friend!
I know a pal of mine that has a full lug nut from someone, got it VIA redemption back in the 90s. Its in a nice clear case, with the press pass sealing still around it!
My best retail pull was a 2005 or 2005 Topps Turkey Red Baseball Auto Carl Yastremzski, which was an SP (and which I can not find in the data base...but I know it existed, because I had it and sold it) and booked at $300.

My best Hobby pull is probably one of my Football pulls:

2011 Certified Mirror Gold Signatures #297 Joe Namath JSY/25
[Image: 2011CertifiedJoeNamath.jpg]

2010 Limited Material Monikers #11 Dan Marino/50
[Image: 66ed5c06-ce1a-45aa-8fe1-221153c4ad0f.jpg]

2010 Limited Rookie Lettermen Autographs #27 Rob Gronkowski/10
[Image: bcf6fc72-3fc0-4a5c-b079-46b169eeb6c9.jpg]

2009 Donruss Classics Sunday's Best Jerseys Prime Autographs #27 Marshawn Lynch/1
[Image: 2009ClassicsLynch.jpg]

Plus a ton of other really great cards out of Football...

My best Racing pulls are:

2012 Total Memorabilia Quad Swatch Holofoil #TMDEJ Dale Earnhardt Jr.
[Image: f663f440-546e-41ca-a857-a29bc4d38025.jpg]
That 2012 Total Memorabilia Jumbo Swatch Gold #TMJJ Jimmie Johnson is pretty sweet, too. So is this:

[Image: 3e4ea8e6.jpg]

I also pulled a Dale Jr. Auto out of something, but I don't have a pic, and I don't have access to my Org right now...

I guess my best PC pull (well, sort of PC pull...I collect Steve Yzerman, but I keep cool Red Wings stuff) is:

2012-13 ITG Motown Madness Autographs #AGHO Gordie Howe SP
[Image: 20130530_193229.jpg]

I also pulled the 2012-13 ITG Motown Madness Autographs #ANLI Nicklas Lidstrom SP
[Image: d9df0894-7391-475b-aeb4-0d48695e6fac.jpg]

I have pulled some ok Tony Stewart stuff, but nothing that is better than this stuff. Ditto on Yzerman. I also have some sweet Victor Martinez pack pulled cards, but no pics of those, either.

Anyway, I hope you dig the pics...I let my OPG run out, going to wait it out for a few eeeks to see if things get better, but I know I'm going to miss the Organize, and I want to get back into trading, and I'm going to have a bit more time on my hands, I think...my social/personal calendar just opened up a bit...

Cheers.
Hmmm? Mine is prob the Koufax /60 pictured in my user name. Not the highest bv but it is PC and I pulled in a retail pack! BV was around $100 but I don't even care about its value. Oh and I now the pic is crappy but it is a jersey card if you couldn't tell from pic.
(04-30-2014, 10:49 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]What is the best card you have ever pulled from a box or pack? It doesn't have to be Racing-related b/c I know many of us collect other sports as well. I want to see highest BV cards, but favorite PC pull will also be fine. You don't have to include a scan or pic, but at least give a nice description and/or the link to Becketts' info page for the card.

My highest BV pull ever happens to be from Racing:

2010 PP Legends Family Autographs #'d /25 (BV was $300 when pulled - now at $350)

[Image: PPLeg-ForceFamilyAU.jpg]

My favorite PC pull ever is probably this:

2008 UD Icons Immortal Lettermen Ozzie Smith Letter 'T' #'d 08/40

[Image: OzzieLettermenIT-1.jpg]

That would be my fav. b/c it was exactly what I was hoping to pull when I ordered the box. It is a manufactued patch (booooo) and the BV has gone down recently, but I was thrilled when I pulled it. To add to that, the best card in the box was a Pablo Sandoval RC AU card that I traded for my life-long white whale - an Ozzie Smith 1979 Topps RC card. The Sandoval has gone down significantly over the years, but my Ozzie RC is still at the same BV and still in NM/MT condition.
BTW, the letter 'I' was bought about a year later. I haven't added more yet but I just know that when I do, somehow I will end up with the first and last letters of his last name. Put those in front of the I and T. Big Grin

Anyway, let's see what everyone has to post here!
I don't even watch NHRA and still say that's awesome!
Pages: 1 2