Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Looking for feedback on 2012 Prizm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I placed an order with Dave and Adam Sportscards and was given 6 packs of 2012 Panini Prizm baseball for the purchase. Just wondering what everyone's opinion is of the cards or the sets. I opened 3 packs and I got a couple of green bordered cards of frank Thomas and Frank Robinson. Are they supposed to be like that or are they parallels. Also got a Wil Myers Top Prospect. Any help would be appreciated. Not sure if I want to invest in a box yet??????
I'd stay away from the non licensed stuff
If you're looking for stuff that could have good trade/resale value, it's probably best to avoid non-licensed stuff as a lot of people here seem to think they're the worst things going right now.

If you're looking for PC stuff and a fun break with cool looking inserts that's not going to break the bank, I think it's solid. Plus, you'll almost always find player/team collectors to trade with that can get past the non-licensed thing.

Despite the lack of logos, I personally really like the prizm stuff.
I like Prizm and I think you will find collectors that are interested in it for their player collections and maybe even team collectors, but the lack of logos does taint some traders interest.
I have gotten a lot of those deals also from D/A cards-probably 6-7 sets of 6-PERSONALLY I love the product-It has some great players in the set and shows what CAN be done to a cards quality control when it matters to a company-The cards are always in great shape and great centering. The on card auto's are also very nice-As for the "now MLB license. I'm OK with it as it puts the emphasis on the player and the sport NOT the team or MLB. I love the chrome look. I have also purchased two hobby boxes and enjoyed opening those also. There is a nice variety in the set. Prospects, Rookies (technically not) Hall of Famers and some nice parallels such as you got (green prizm) . I do understand peoples reluctance with the fact that there is no MLB license but I enjoy collecting most player 1st autograph, I can get that in this product. This is a finicky hobby, some people feel a rookie must be there FIRST MLB licensed card, some don't. That decision always has and always will be up to the collector. Point being, that if you want some nice cards that are done well, has a great player selection with rookies, PERSONALLY I think it is a great starter product. However with that said I do believe that it is just a matter of time before Panini is FINALLY given it's license by the MLB.
Start with a retail box of that product which is insanely cheap.

Don't expect any autos but the green Refractors are nice to go along with a great rookie class.

And fyi: panini baseball cards are player licensed meaning the players are paid.

Panini can't use team logos because topps is exclusive (sadly) with team logos.

The Panini products are growing on me. I still feel the need to prioritize my collectiong to MLB licensed products, but getting these for my team collection is great. These are really nice looking cards and the quality is top notch. My only complaint is they put like "Baltimore Baseball" where the team name would go.....just put "Baltimore"....I know it's a baseball and not football card....LOL.

IMO...go for it for some fun
I love the Panini stuff I just bought into two 20 box case breaks. I am stoked to see what I get. Oh bought the braves on both breaks of course.
Thanks for everyone's honest opinions they helped a lot.