Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: My First Yogi auto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just got it in the mail today.
Happy, Happy!

[Image: null_zps66ae8bc5.jpg]

Wow! Sharp looking card mitch!
Jealous... Nice pick up
(04-21-2014, 03:33 PM)petillo64 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow! Sharp looking card mitch!
Thanks! I was happy with it. Been wanting a Yogi auto for a long time. He signed 2000 of these cards. So, not the most rare, but I think the auto is a pretty clean example. I've seen better, but as he's getting older, more recent cards look worse, IMO.
(04-21-2014, 03:47 PM)RobbinsDynasty Wrote: [ -> ]Jealous... Nice pick up
Thanks! Don't be jealous, there are 1,999 more of them out there. Smile
Great looking card, Doc! The 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures set gets my vote for all-time best auto set. Congrats!
(04-21-2014, 07:11 PM)aprirr Wrote: [ -> ]Great looking card, Doc! The 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures set gets my vote for all-time best auto set. Congrats!
+1.I am trying to do that set and I think its one of the best auto sets too. great pickup!
Congrats DrM! Saw you post in work today, but since I can't see pics couldn't comment. Very nice looking card and I think the auto is great. Agree with the others, a great looking set. Always nice to see the joy a piece of cardboad, a picture and some marker ink can give a person. Enjoy!

PS....Him, Willie and Hank are getting really sloppy!
(04-21-2014, 07:11 PM)aprirr Wrote: [ -> ]Great looking card, Doc! The 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures set gets my vote for all-time best auto set. Congrats!
Thanks, Aaron. This is my second Significant Signatures card. I have a Duke Snider. Great looking, on-card auto set ... In 1998 when these stars were a little younger.
(04-21-2014, 07:53 PM)greekgoony Wrote: [ -> ]+1.I am trying to do that set and I think its one of the best auto sets too. great pickup!
Thanks, GG. Agreed. Great set. Good luck completing it. How many do you have/how many do you need? Good thing is with 2000 each s/n card, you can find them around. Better than chasing /25 s/n cards.
(04-21-2014, 09:18 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats DrM! Saw you post in work today, but since I can't see pics couldn't comment. Very nice looking card and I think the auto is great. Agree with the others, a great looking set. Always nice to see the joy a piece of cardboad, a picture and some marker ink can give a person. Enjoy!

PS....Him, Willie and Hank are getting really sloppy!
Thanks, Joe.
I've wanted a Yogi for a long time, but my collecting ADD took me off course. I saw Yogi on TV and he got very old and frail looking all of a sudden. Saw his recent signature and knew I needed one from a while ago.
Willie's sig has been sloppy for years, even when his eyesight was better. Hank's sig was beautiful forever, even now it's a little shaky, but nicer than most current stars' autos.
Congrats on the awesome pickup!

When I seem him on TV I feel the same way. I am going to try to make it out to Old Timers Day this year for the explicit reason of seeing him and Whitey roll in on their golf carts again. I missed last year for the first time in ages.

I may have to pick up a Yogi auto card myself. I have a photo, ball, and mini helmet, but no card. I got the ball and helmet in person and he actually did take his time signing for everyone. No scribbles like most current players. It looks like they don't do Yogi Berra day anymore in Montclair but I do highly recommend his museum there.

Congrats again on the pickup!
(04-22-2014, 07:36 AM)glassnickels Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats on the awesome pickup!
When I seem him on TV I feel the same way. I am going to try to make it out to Old Timers Day this year for the explicit reason of seeing him and Whitey roll in on their golf carts again. I missed last year for the first time in ages.
I may have to pick up a Yogi auto card myself. I have a photo, ball, and mini helmet, but no card. I got the ball and helmet in person and he actually did take his time signing for everyone. No scribbles like most current players. It looks like they don't do Yogi Berra day anymore in Montclair but I do highly recommend his museum there.
Congrats again on the pickup!
Yeah, it's sad because there are only a few 'touchstone' Yankees alive today, that remind me of when my father was alive. We'd go to OldTimers day and he'd tell me stories of all 'the greats' that played during the late 40s, the 50s and early 60s. A magical time when the Yankees, Dodgers and Giants all played in the same city... As each one passes, I truly am saddened because I feel a little more of a disconnect of what my father and I had in common.

Yogi and Whitey are really two of the last greatest Yankees. In true Yogi-ism form let me say that I hope you get Yogi to sign something while he's still alive. Smile
Pages: 1 2