Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2014 Gypsy Queen Wil Myers No Autograph Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

How rare do you think this card is?

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/2014-topps...autograph/

I like how the back of the card says all signings are witnessed by a Topps representative to guarantee authenticity!

photo WillMyersNoAuto_zps2c419f05.jpg

photo WillMyersNoAutoBackofcard_zpsfcd92b50.jpg
Invisible ink.

You'd be better off sending it back to topps because there won't be many people that would want an unsigned autograph card.
(04-21-2014, 11:23 AM)Haze28 Wrote: [ -> ]Invisible ink.

You'd be better off sending it back to topps because there won't be many people that would want an unsigned autograph card.
My thoughts exactly.
(04-21-2014, 11:13 AM)home plate 1989 Wrote: [ -> ]I like how the back of the card says all signings are witnessed by a Topps representative to guarantee authenticity!
That is pretty awesome... They obviously weren't watching closely during or after the signing.

Even if it is confirmed as the only 1, I still think it would have more value as a signed copy.

(04-21-2014, 02:40 PM)petillo64 Wrote: [ -> ]That is pretty awesome... They obviously weren't watching closely during or after the signing.

Even if it is confirmed as the only 1, I still think it would have more value as a signed copy.
I saw the signed version of the card selling for around $20....so it is not a high ticket item.

Not that I think the error would be worth a lot either.

Interestingly enough PSA said they would NOT grade the card as it was a "human error" and not a manufactured error. I thought that was interesting since humans are part of the manufacturing process.

If you don't return it then I think you should try to get Longoria to sign it.
(04-21-2014, 03:00 PM)zeprock Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't return it then I think you should try to get Longoria to sign it.
It's funny....if this type of card fell into a dishonest dealers/collectors hands they could cause havok...."inscription" " wrong auto" etc....

Since the card is the certification itself.
(04-21-2014, 03:00 PM)zeprock Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't return it then I think you should try to get Longoria to sign it.
There was a post on here a while back about a Prizm card of a current player that had a sticker auto of dave parker on it. The poster claimed to have gotten a crapton of money for it.

You should slap a Dave Parker sticker auto on that badboy just in case if the Dave Parker 1/1 error auto super-collector sees it and offers you a small fortune! haha.

If one of those for Cespedes popped up, I may bid on it just to add it to the collection, but I definitely would not go near the auto price of it. For a Cespedes of the same card I'd bid pretty low on it.

Despite the fact that the auto'd version is not a high-dollar card, I doubt the un-auto'd version would sell for the same price as the auto'd version...
...but then again there is a sucker born every minute!
I'd love to add it to my wil Myers PC
Pages: 1 2 3 4