Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: @ Beckett Staff Members- 2014 TM database error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In 2014 Total Memorabilia, the Clear Cuts cards serially #'d to 175 are not holofoil. They are blue foil. I don't where where that info came from, b/c I don't think PP's checklist had them listed as holofoil either. Here is a scan of my Kasey Kahne card:

[Image: 2014TM-ClearCutsKahne.jpg]
lol, yeah, they also have Total spelled "Totall" which was probably just a typo. But even worse, they have completely left the Dirt Tire Tread RU inserts out of the database. Not a one listed.
On top of all of that, they have yet again gave me a garbage 'deal' for my OPG renewal. I had a code that would give me 5 free days added to my 1 month TA OPG. For the second time this year, it DID NOT work. Back in January, I was supposed to get 7 days of free OPG access with my full $31.00 payment. My OPG closed after 30 days. I just renewed my TA OPG for 1 month and am supposed to get 5 extra days. My 'subscriptions list' shows that it will expire on May 16th. That is ZERO free days of anything AND the SITE IS COMPLETELY blanked-up right now. Everytime I enter something into my ORG, it takes me back to the 'OPG BUY now' page! What the heck is going on with Beckett?!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am beyond PO'd right now! If Beckett doesn't stop changing everything to make it work worse than it did before their latest change, I will be done here. I have been a member for 11 years and I stuck around through the CRAP that happened in the Beta switch. I am really getting tired of all the GARBAGE that Beckett keeps charging me money for. I am only thankful that I always turn off the 'auto-renew' feature everytime I renew my OPG!
If I might add my two cents on this...I've been a member here for nine years almost to the day. For the first time in a long while, I have cancelled my "auto-renew" on my six-month total access OPG, which will expire in two weeks. I really want to stay, but I must say that things have been really bad lately, and I'm certainly not going to continue to pay for this type of service. In fact, I decided this as I was researching the 2014 "Totall" Memorabilia checklist. I'm not sure that a few of the tings I am looking at buying on eBay are even in the checklist right now, when I went to search for things they did not come up, I had to close and reopen my browser to "reset" the search, things are spelled wrong. I do not do well with typos in a list that I am paying for...it's one thing on a forum post, spell check and stuff does not always work right, but in the OPG? That lack of attention to detail from a "professional" organization is unacceptable...

Further, the cost of the OPG versus the content of the website is far from in-line. The content is so non-existant that I really only go to to the Forums, Organize and Trade and rarely, if ever, look at the Beckett Home Page...what does that say? When the posts by the community are far better than the articles by the "experts," something is way out of line.

I find the Organize feature to be just ok, and I think I would rather keep track of my collection in Excel. I like to trade, but I do not have as much time to spend searching for things that I need, because that feature is really not that well done, or if I find them it's in the collection of soemone who has not been on for years, or there just isn't anything to choose from, period. I have specific things I have been chasing for a long time, now, and do not think I will ever find among this expanded community. So it goes.

Anyway, I'm not leaving, but I'm not sure how it will go in two weeks. Without Organize and Trade, this is all there is here...and I love this, don't get me wrong, but I'm going to only be half here for a while, I guess...
I am really hoping the new guys that Beckett assigned to racing stuff are going to help straighten up the mess that was dumped on them. I don't think I shared this with anyone, but I was PM'd about a week ago by one half of the new duo that is in charge of fixing this stuff for Beckett. I told him that the main thing we need is for them to check in on the forums frequently and ask us ANY questions they have about the racing database and checklists. That was why I posted this thread instead of going my usual route that has always been effective. I am hoping they read this and fix the issues with 2014 TM.

I LOVE the ORG feature and don't know how I could function in the card collecting hobby without it! I have WAY too many cards to deal with Excel. 40,000+ cards is a lot of info to work with in something like that. Before I joined Beckett, I was working on MS Works databases for every card I had. That was severely time-consuming and I never even got half of what I had back then entered into it.

What I find most annoying about this site is that every "update" seems to create more problems than it fixes or helps. If it wasn't for the ORG, the forum members, and the trade feature, I would have left the site shortly after Beta became the New Beckett site back in 2011.
(04-17-2014, 12:15 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE the ORG feature and don't know how I could function in the card collecting hobby without it! I have WAY too many cards to deal with Excel. 40,000+ cards is a lot of info to work with in something like that. Before I joined Beckett, I was working on MS Works databases for every card I had. That was severely time-consuming and I never even got half of what I had back then entered into it.

What I find most annoying about this site is that every "update" seems to create more problems than it fixes or helps. If it wasn't for the ORG, the forum members, and the trade feature, I would have left the site shortly after Beta became the New Beckett site back in 2011.
I agree, Excel will not be fun, and I started off doing it that way before I joined here, but when you need to pay for something to use it and it does not work well enough to be useful, then you do what you have to do other ways...and I am not going to pay for OPG to use ORG and Trade that are not very good...that's my issue...

Want to give credit where credit is due. It seems all of our TM concerns have been corrected. TM is now spelled correctly, the Clear Cuts colors/numbers are now correct, and the Tire Treads have been added. Thank You to the Beckett staff responsible. I know I'm not the only one grateful for the corrections.

Now, if I can just the rest of my 2009 PP Signings JMac parallels added, lol...
(04-28-2014, 04:00 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: [ -> ]Want to give credit where credit is due. It seems all of our TM concerns have been corrected. TM is now spelled correctly, the Clear Cuts colors/numbers are now correct, and the Tire Treads have been added. Thank You to the Beckett staff responsible. I know I'm not the only one grateful for the corrections.

Now, if I can just the rest of my 2009 PP Signings JMac parallels added, lol...
If you want the email addy to send the info to, PM me. They have authorized me to give out their email address b/c they are more likely to see it quickly. They don't really have time to check out the forums much b/c they stay so busy working on the DB. I actually sent them the link to this thread, as well as the stickied thread that SS started years ago.
These guys are in charge of the Racing and Hockey databases, so I can see how busy they must stay. Hopefully we will see more things get fixed in Racing after the NHL Playoffs end.
(04-16-2014, 01:04 AM)Mikarlo Wrote: [ -> ]lol, yeah, they also have Total spelled "Totall" which was probably just a typo. But even worse, they have completely left the Dirt Tire Tread RU inserts out of the database. Not a one listed.
NO WONDER I CAN'T FIND WHO HAS THEM FOR TRADE ON HERE! You have to admit though that they are pretty sick cards.

(04-28-2014, 09:39 PM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]If you want the email addy to send the info to, PM me. They have authorized me to give out their email address b/c they are more likely to see it quickly. They don't really have time to check out the forums much b/c they stay so busy working on the DB. I actually sent them the link to this thread, as well as the stickied thread that SS started years ago.
These guys are in charge of the Racing and Hockey databases, so I can see how busy they must stay. Hopefully we will see more things get fixed in Racing after the NHL Playoffs end.
Word of the day, "Hopefully". It's tough probably doing a job like this since they also need to figure out a BV for the cards and also see what glitches there are. I personally understand it since I took web design classes in high school and know how hard it is and how PO'ed you might get when you find glitches in all the coding and what not. I still find it helpful to use beckett BV, but I prefer to use the paperback books for some reason rather than online. JMO