Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Is 1982 Vintage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if so does anyone have commons they would like to sell / trade? I am just starting to put together the set.

Thanks
No.
Vintage is supposed to go until 1980. Its a relative term though.
I personally feel the big glut of cards started in 1985, but 1982 there are plenty of and you can find cheap lots on the Bay.
Got a bunch of 1982's. Check my Org and let me know if you want to work something out.
No and I have a bunch of 82's listed. However, for calling that year vintage and making me feel old, I am putting on a negative 2x value in my favor. Smile I kid I kid. I have them listed for trade. got any "real vintage" cards or '14 gypsy queens?
I have a few of each in my org
I really consider vintage to be 1975 and older. Maybe because that's when I was born, I don't know.

But good luck in your search.
No 82's are not vintage but that's not to say their worthless either. I've heard that statement made many times, I tell them to turn the card over and read the back. That's history!! baseball history, rendering the card not worthless in my opinion but there not vintage sad to say.
While 1979 and back is usually the standard for Vintage, I actually think of it bumped up one year. Pre 1981. In 1981 you got Fleer and Donruss joining the parade which led to the glut of companies producing cards throughout the 80s up to mid 2000s, prior to that only Topps and its cousin O-Pee-Chee. Its always made more sense to me of 80 back. Went from 2 companies then to the start of too many companies and then too many multiple brands in each company after.
There is NO valid date for Vintage,,,because there can only be SO many Modern years.

The idea of Vintage has to be broken down into categories, it is insane to say everything before 1980 is Vintage and everything after is New/Modern.

There are natural breaks in the years and it could be easily done....JMO
can I consider my 30,000.00 plus 1988 donruss vintage? it is 26 years old.....lol
Pages: 1 2