Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2014 Leaf Best of Football Unopened Edition 8 Box Break (Case +2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello Fellow Collectors...

I had a LOT of fun breaking a case (+2 Boxes) of 2014 Leaf Best of Football Unopened Edition. Each box (which is HUGE by the way on packaging!) has 1 sealed box from the past and 1 cut autographed card that is encapsulated by Beckett Grading Services.

Perhaps I like it so much as I collect sealed wax boxes, but overall I wanted to share that I thought the boxes were packed more than fair. Not every box can have an Exquisite Football box inside....but each box I felt I got close to equal value especially when you factor in the cut auto card.

Below I included a couple of pictures of two boxes as well as the link if you want to see more in depth.

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/2014-leaf-...d-edition/

Happy Collecting! Ed

photo DSCN2595_zpsde0951f2.jpg

photo DSCN2600_zps8352f712.jpg
See - that Tittle is why I cannot support Leaf. They took a 1998 Hall of Fame Signature series auto card /2500 and cut it out. They did the same with a Chuck Bednarik auto where you could still see the Topps logo!

They destroy perfectly good cards to make their own.
(04-11-2014, 06:02 PM)ugameck Wrote: [ -> ]See - that Tittle is why I cannot support Leaf. They took a 1998 Hall of Fame Signature series auto card /2500 and cut it out. They did the same with a Chuck Bednarik auto where you could still see the Topps logo!

They destroy perfectly good cards to make their own.
I agree that cutting an existing card to make a cut auto seems redundant at best....but in the case of the Y.A. Tittle it actually works for me. Since it was a 4x6 card previously the cut auto for this one leaves his focused stare in the frame.

But I agree....cutting cards & photos more often leaves a worse image in the cut-signature.
I think Leaf is BEYOND shady ... don't blame the customers for picking it up, just more the thought of basically marketing other companies' cards.

The sealed boxes crack me up the most, though — like, at least with most of the other Leaf stuff the last couple of years, it was like, "yeah, uh, we'll throw in some crap cards that we made, just to package them around the slabbed stuff from other companies."

They've definitely upped the ante in not even trying to hide it any more.

In fact, the more I write this, the more I kind of admire their audacity.
....I say this, however - I love their Sketch 1/1 originals and will buy them on the secondary market. Hypocrisy? Maybe.

Maybe I was rough on Leaf - I've seen TriStar do the same, and Panini cut a Walter Payton auto phone card and make it a "cut" auto as well. I hate the Leaf "Masterpiece" crap manufactured 1/1s though.
I have to shower every time I read a Leaf post, LOL
While I agree that some of this is just crap, I do like some of leaf's products. Trinity last year was pretty darn cool with the Pure autos that were signed on a piece of glass! Definitely unique, and I'm glad I have a Franklin auto from it. That being said though, not a huge fan of cut autos. Some guys, like Lombardi, I understand, but anyone whose had actual authentic cards produced with autos don't need to have a cut auto.
(04-11-2014, 09:52 PM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]While I agree that some of this is just crap, I do like some of leaf's products. Trinity last year was pretty darn cool with the Pure autos that were signed on a piece of glass! Definitely unique, and I'm glad I have a Franklin auto from it. That being said though, not a huge fan of cut autos. Some guys, like Lombardi, I understand, but anyone whose had actual authentic cards produced with autos don't need to have a cut auto.
I will say this for Leaf ... when they actually try, they come up with some cool stuff ... like those Pete Rose blasters last year, you basically got one 50-card base set and a guaranteed Rose auto per box.

Not bad for $30 ...
(04-11-2014, 09:55 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]I will say this for Leaf ... when they actually try, they come up with some cool stuff ... like those Pete Rose blasters last year, you basically got one 50-card base set and a guaranteed Rose auto per box.

Not bad for $30 ...
Yeah, those and the Lombardi legends too. I got autos of a few guys that never signed for another company from that set for my packers super bowl official autos chase! Donny Anderson, Bob skoronski, and Jim grabowski... I think there was another one too.
Either way, nice pull man. Congrats.
Pages: 1 2