Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Going to an upcoming baseball game, how should I go about getting autos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have seen some people get autographs at baseball games and I am just wondering on how to go about doing it as it would be my first time. The game is April 26th, Pawtucket @ Lehigh Valley. Any ideas, comments, suggestions on how I would go about getting any autographs? Thanks!
......bring a super hot chick in a bathing suit
(04-11-2014, 08:04 AM)elberson Wrote: [ -> ]......bring a super hot chick in a bathing suit
+1
(04-11-2014, 08:04 AM)elberson Wrote: [ -> ]......bring a super hot chick in a bathing suit
Oh great, I can only imagine how much that is gonna cost Wink Haha nice to see you're still here Elberson! How is that card I traded to you a while back doing?
So other than taking some girls with me, any other suggestions?
Other than a hot chick, you can take a cute kid with you...but in all seriousness getting autos at a minor league game is pretty easy. Just be polite and be prepared (if you don't already have something in your hand and a pen ready to be used then a player is more likely to pass you by). The upside to minor league games is a lot of the players can be very personable and don't mind signing and even chatting while signing.
Also before you go you should decide whether you want quality or quantity (i.e. do you really just want 1 or 2 top players autos or the more players that sign the better). If you just want the top players than be ready to be disappointed as they might not sign at all or could be swarmed by other autograph hounds. One final note, be sure to look into who all the managers and coaches are as there are usually some ex-MLBers that are now coaching in the minors. It always amazes me how much easier it can be to get a coach to sign, and that coach could've been a pretty good MLBer at one time (sometimes even a HOFer).
(04-14-2014, 07:55 AM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]Other than a hot chick, you can take a cute kid with you...but in all seriousness getting autos at a minor league game is pretty easy. Just be polite and be prepared (if you don't already have something in your hand and a pen ready to be used then a player is more likely to pass you by). The upside to minor league games is a lot of the players can be very personable and don't mind signing and even chatting while signing.
Also before you go you should decide whether you want quality or quantity (i.e. do you really just want 1 or 2 top players autos or the more players that sign the better). If you just want the top players than be ready to be disappointed as they might not sign at all or could be swarmed by other autograph hounds. One final note, be sure to look into who all the managers and coaches are as there are usually some ex-MLBers that are now coaching in the minors. It always amazes me how much easier it can be to get a coach to sign, and that coach could've been a pretty good MLBer at one time (sometimes even a HOFer).
Well, looks like I should grab a book then! I would try to get as many as I could, but how would I go about getting them then? I don't wanna just go up near the dugout or the 'pen during the game since I've been in that situation in high school ball and gets annoying when a parent or friend(student) comes up to the players to talk. I have a start though, thanks!
(04-14-2014, 09:27 AM)Racinghy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, looks like I should grab a book then! I would try to get as many as I could, but how would I go about getting them then? I don't wanna just go up near the dugout or the 'pen during the game since I've been in that situation in high school ball and gets annoying when a parent or friend(student) comes up to the players to talk. I have a start though, thanks!
Your best bet is pregame, not during the game. before they go out to warm up or when they come back from them.
You won't get any during the game. You have to show up early and get the autos before the game starts. The earlier you get there the more chances you will have at getting autos. I'm sure you will see other people waiting around for autos, and it's easy to just congregate with them. Always keep in mind that the players are usually there to warm up and get ready for the game and not to just sign autographs. Some will take plenty of time to sign for fans, but it is not their obligation to do so. Which goes back to my note about being polite.
Try staying after the game and see who is signing. If you ever go to see the Springfield Cardinals, there is always 2 -3 players at every gate signing when you walk in
Pages: 1 2