Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: FREE CARDS - Gift Thread (UPDATED 8/3/2014)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
I want to thank 2 someones for the reds lots you sent me, I am embarrassed to say however that my wife threw out the names so I can't even thank them for the gesture.

Long story short.

I recently had to sell the majority of my collection to pay for an unexpected expense that came up. I stopped at the post office on the way home and dropped my cards off to go to their new owners and came home not the happiest I have ever been. I get the mail and have 2 packages, one had 10-12 Cincinnati Reds and the other with, well I didn't count but it was a bunch. Needless to say it brought a smile to my face and gave me something to sort and add to my Reds PC notebook!!

This is why this place is the best and has the best members!!!!

So to whoever sent the 2 packages, thanks! I meant a lot and came at the right time!!
Glad it could bring a smile to your face my man! I literally just snatched up all the Reds cards I could find. I've found more since and will send them your way when I've got the time. Glad you liked the "bunch" haha!
Sorry for the delay....a huge shout out to CB from Oregan for the nice note and great cards for my daughter esp. the 1975 Mini's including John Mayberry, daddy of current Phillie John Mayberry Jr. She thinks that is awesome to put alongside her 2013 Mayberry Mini (that's if it doesn't fall into daddy's binder/s....just kidding, she has a memory like a hawk and charges me $5 per card unless it is signed, real or machine, then it's $15+).

Also, she received a package today from happy14027, She loves the Halladay's esp. the Gypsy queen and of course the Hertiage Shane Victorino. Appreciate the generoscity. She did ask me to ask you if you sing the "Happy" song and is that where your name comes from? She is utterly amazed that we trade, send cards and converse with people all around the country/world.

Very Awesome people.........
Love reading all the new posts here. Glad to see so much generosity and joy being spread. This is what made this thread great when I joined another iteration of it and why I thought it needed to be brought back. Don't forget to PM me with your address requests and also when you get something from someone. Want to keep track. Thanks!

Your welcome--This is a great tread and its great to be able to pass on un needed cards--
(06-02-2014, 08:48 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: [ -> ]I want to thank 2 someones for the reds lots you sent me, I am embarrassed to say however that my wife threw out the names so I can't even thank them for the gesture.

Long story short.

I recently had to sell the majority of my collection to pay for an unexpected expense that came up. I stopped at the post office on the way home and dropped my cards off to go to their new owners and came home not the happiest I have ever been. I get the mail and have 2 packages, one had 10-12 Cincinnati Reds and the other with, well I didn't count but it was a bunch. Needless to say it brought a smile to my face and gave me something to sort and add to my Reds PC notebook!!

This is why this place is the best and has the best members!!!!

So to whoever sent the 2 packages, thanks! I meant a lot and came at the right time!!

No I don't sing the "happy" song but I try to stay in a happy frame of mind and appreciate what I have as others are not so fortunate. I have spent months in the hospital in pain but have learned through the cries of others that my pain is minimal compared to theirs. I never judge and believe in sharing everything possible. Life too short not to try an make someones day better. Glad your daughter enjoyed them. PS still gooing thru my cards--more too come.

(06-02-2014, 09:50 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the delay....a huge shout out to CB from Oregan for the nice note and great cards for my daughter esp. the 1975 Mini's including John Mayberry, daddy of current Phillie John Mayberry Jr. She thinks that is awesome to put alongside her 2013 Mayberry Mini (that's if it doesn't fall into daddy's binder/s....just kidding, she has a memory like a hawk and charges me $5 per card unless it is signed, real or machine, then it's $15+).

Also, she received a package today from happy14027, She loves the Halladay's esp. the Gypsy queen and of course the Hertiage Shane Victorino. Appreciate the generoscity. She did ask me to ask you if you sing the "Happy" song and is that where your name comes from? She is utterly amazed that we trade, send cards and converse with people all around the country/world.

Thank you Happy14027 for the package of O's and HOF'ers. I appreciate it!!
(06-02-2014, 09:50 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the delay....a huge shout out to CB from Oregan for the nice note and great cards for my daughter esp. the 1975 Mini's including John Mayberry, daddy of current Phillie John Mayberry Jr. She thinks that is awesome to put alongside her 2013 Mayberry Mini (that's if it doesn't fall into daddy's binder/s....just kidding, she has a memory like a hawk and charges me $5 per card unless it is signed, real or machine, then it's $15+).

I am glad the cards got to her safely! I love seeing kids enjoying the hobby. It is a dying breed!!!! Tell her to keep it up .... I will try and find more for her soon!
Well I was searching my ebay purchases and these did not show up so I figured they must be here, shoutout to bishop thanks for the PC items!!
AWESOME IDEA....I'd love to participate.
Will Clark & Ryne Sandberg.
I would love to be in on this. I collect Houston Astros.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21