Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: set complete! 96 SPx with inserts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had about half of these from growing up, decided to finish what i started yet again.

Full 50 card base set,
10 card Holoview Heroes insert set,
Penny Hardaway Tribute card, and
MJ Record Breaker card.

[Image: E3A6CA6B-7BB9-4116-8BCD-4ADBF895B54C_zpsm6lil0lk.jpg]

[Image: 115B5BEE-6754-4469-81F7-9EEFBAA7059B_zpspzr52pm6.jpg]

[Image: 45A30518-1C47-4035-BF34-2964229F98EE_zpsmhjsxtd7.jpg]

Spent a little more time trying to take good pictures this time around. Thanks for looking.

Missing the Gold parallels. Also the Anfernee and MJ auto cards which are probably out of my price range.

Still pretty impressive man, well done! I have the base set myself, not the holoview heroes though. Definitely one of the best-looking base sets every produced. Congrats!
they sure don't make em like that anymore these days..
I LOVE this set. I am building the base, the gold and the holoviews and I am at various levels of completion on all of them. This set and the 1997 set are just fantastic looking sets. I think this was UD in their prime.
(04-04-2014, 09:14 PM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]Still pretty impressive man, well done! I have the base set myself, not the holoview heroes though. Definitely one of the best-looking base sets every produced. Congrats!
Thanks!

(04-05-2014, 05:17 AM)JMarchand1981 Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE this set. I am building the base, the gold and the holoviews and I am at various levels of completion on all of them. This set and the 1997 set are just fantastic looking sets. I think this was UD in their prime.
i just traded away my doubles else i would send them to you. i stopped collecting after the 98 season, so i am not familiar with UD much after that.
JMarch is also collecting the 97-98 SPx base and blue parallel sets but won't get ahold of me for all of the ones I have from my recent box break :-P

I agree though, 96 and 97 SPx are easily my two favorite base sets ever produced. Flawless may have diamonds in them, but these still look better!
Are you going to try for the golds?
(04-06-2014, 12:44 PM)classical_hero Wrote: [ -> ]Are you going to try for the golds?
probably not, unless i see a large lot of golds go up on evilbay for cheap so that i'd have a good starting point.
What about the error of Jordan with Stackhouse on the hologram?
Anyone know if there were any more errors like this?
Very Nice! Congratulations!