Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Panini Black & Two 2013 Museum Collection Packs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Had to head over to the LCS to pick up some singles they'd pulled for me & decided to grab a minibox of Museum Collection while I was there. Then got home and discovered that my box of Black & minibox of MC I'd ordered online had arrived as well--bonus! Cool

Museum Collection first...I think I am officially done with "high end" Topps products. The designs are boring (MC most of all, but Inception isn't exactly thrilling either) and the value just isn't there--I got what I felt were some good pulls out of these packs & didn't even come close to (theoretically) recouping the cost, which is a trend I've noticed in other expensive Topps products. So from now on it's Panini only when I feel like dropping $100+ on a handful of packaged cards. Anyway, the hits: Matt Barkley jumbo relic copper #24/50, and Andre Ellington quad relic copper #12/50.

[Image: CAM00018.jpg]

Also pulled a canvas collection Andrew Luck, ruby Patrick Willis (38/50), and a sapphire Brandon Marshall (51/99).

On to the Panini Black. This was my first experience with this product, and I have to say that I love the design & look of the cards, but hate the packaging: several cards came out of the pack with dinged corners and/or edge nicks, which shouldn't happen with a $160/pack product imo. Still, even with the slight damage it was a pretty solid box:

Metal Rookies Cordarrelle Paterson

[Image: CAM00019.jpg]

Rookie Signatures Levine Toilolo 64/199 & Onyx Materials Prime Brian Hartline 6/25

[Image: CAM00022.jpg]

And the big hits: Markus Wheaton Shadowbox 3/99 & Le'Veon Bell Rookie Signatures Materials Prime 156/299:

[Image: CAM00021.jpg]

The box also had a Quinton Patton Onyx Materials (222/299), Dee Milliner base (399/399), Vincent Jackson platinum (2/25), and Heath Miller black (3/10--shame I'm not a Steelers fan).
solid bell man
I, on the other hand, am a huge Steelers fan and I've been hunting for a Bell Auto. Please check my ORG to see if anything catches your eye for it. Thanks!
Sweet stuff