Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Game Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in February I had traveled down to see my parents. I organized it so I could go see the Red Wings play the Panthers. I took my Father & Nephew with me. I had bought tickets from a scalper who was from the Philly which is where I grew up. The tickets were 20 rows from the ice and I got them for a good price. Upon entering the arena there was a large display of Signed picture from Red Wing Greats. Also they were selling GU'd equipment from the Panthers. So between the 2nd & 3rd period I ventured back down. Was talking to a guy who was sizing up the Markstrom Goalie pads. He asked where I was from and indicated his wife was from the area. When I asked where he said Marlton, which is where I moved to from Philly. I no longer live there but my children do. And the girl graduated from the same class as my daughter. So now the jist of this story.

I happen to bid on a GU'd puck from the game. It was the 2nd goal scored for the Red Wings by Nyqvist. It so happened to be his 14th of the season which is his jersey # and the Game Winning Goal.

Needless to say this is priceless to me. As I do not know how many more games I will get to see with my Dad living in Florida.
Great story Mark. Congrats on getting the Nyqvist puck. Sounds like you had a great time with your dad and those are always special. Congrats !!!
Cool tale. Thanks for sharing. Those moments matter.
great story! I just got my Nyquist goal puck from the Wings in last week. I know he JUST did a signing at DC Sports. I'm sure he'll do another next year, if you want to get that thing inked. congrats on the awesome pick-up!
very cool! congrats!!!

I live right next to the arena here practically!