Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1995 SP hobby box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I picked up a couple 95 SP cards in an assorted box lot and fell in love with the design: easily one of the most beautiful base sets ever produced. It took a little bit of looking, but I finally found a retailer selling them through Amazon & bought the box. Easily a happy camper here.

For starters, 1995 was a decent year for rookies (Steve McNair, Curtis Martin, Warren Sapp, Terrell Davis, Joey Galloway, and a ton of others), and being that this was Upper Deck (loved them back in the day) I was able to build a base set off of just this box, with an extra Sapp rookie to boot. And while I was a bit disappointed that the All Pro die-cut inserts fell well below the 1:5 advertised rate (only four total in 32 packs), the box more than made up for it with a $30 Gold (1:62) Brett Favre, and one of the silvers was a Dan Marino! I also pulled a Joe Montana Trilogy insert (1:29) which is a pretty attractive card. Even got a kick out of one of the "misses": my brand-new "Future All Pro" die-cut of Rashaan Salaam. Big Grin

Finally tally on the $56 box comes out to $292.85. Yeah, yeah, Beckett High vs reality, etc., but definitely got my money's worth on this one, and added a few really nice cards for the PC. Cool Highly recommend these boxes to anyone looking for a good "bang for your buck" break.
always a great day when your satisfied with your product, regardless of value, grats
Love seeing the older box breaks, congrats on the hits!
Well I think you did very good. Pulling the Base Set, Marino, and Favre is awsome.
Money making break