Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Been thinking about a Beckett Fantasy Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(03-14-2014, 11:36 AM)minitracer Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the Burton I'm offering to the prize pool.

[Image: IMG_20130417_115741_zps284e7e27.jpg]
Sorry for the crappy pic.
Nice card. What year is it?
(03-14-2014, 05:28 PM)shelbysaleen Wrote: [ -> ]im in
I'll send you the mass PM I sent everyone else along with updates.
Looks like 2004
NEW QUESTION (about the prize pool).
I said from the very beginning that I was donating a complete insert set as a prize. I have been looking through all those sets I have and cannot decide what to do. I have a list of 6 complete insert sets I am willing to donate. All sets run in the SET VALUE (not per-card BV) range of $15-25. The sets contain 8 to 24 cards. The set years are: 2000 (3 diff. sets), 2003 (1 set), 2005 (1 set), 2012 (1 set).
My question is this -- How can I decide which one to give up? All sets contain at least 1 card of a PC driver that I do not have another copy of except in that set. I was thinking of making my donation a mystery-type prize.
What I mean is -- The only way to know what you can get is to pick the Insert Set Prize and then you will get the list of sets and you pick which one you want! The catch is: if you pick that prize, you HAVE to pick one of the sets. I will only send the list to one person.
What does everyone think of this? All 6 sets contain cards of AT LEAST 3 of the top veteran drivers right now.

--Edited this to re-word the last sentence.--

PLZ LMK your opinions!
I'm OK with whatever you want to do. I am going to participate more for fun than anything else.
(03-18-2014, 07:58 PM)minitracer Wrote: [ -> ]I'm OK with whatever you want to do. I am going to participate more for fun than anything else.
Well, having fun is the whole point of this game! Big Grin
I do believe everyone will enjoy playing, no matter where they finish.
Getting prizes is just a bonus and I am very happy everyone is willing to contribute a prize. We do have some awesome prizes from what I've seen so far.

There are still 4 members who have not replied to the mass PM though. I hope they still plan to play.
(03-19-2014, 02:15 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]Well, having fun is the whole point of this game! Big Grin
I do believe everyone will enjoy playing, no matter where they finish.
Getting prizes is just a bonus and I am very happy everyone is willing to contribute a prize. We do have some awesome prizes from what I've seen so far.

There are still 4 members who have not replied to the mass PM though. I hope they still plan to play.
Yea they prob will respond soon. I actually have not gotten any racing this year. I try and check the racing forums mostly to keep in the loop with all of you ( I know there are not many regulars here ) lol. Money is tight and since there have not been any Newman cards yet I have not got any 2014 cards.

(03-19-2014, 10:13 AM)minitracer Wrote: [ -> ]Yea they prob will respond soon. I actually have not gotten any racing this year. I try and check the racing forums mostly to keep in the loop with all of you ( I know there are not many regulars here ) lol. Money is tight and since there have not been any Newman cards yet I have not got any 2014 cards.
2014 TM is due out on the 27th. No checklist posted yet...but hopefully PP will finally get Newman in there!
(03-19-2014, 10:13 AM)minitracer Wrote: [ -> ]Yea they prob will respond soon. I actually have not gotten any racing this year. I try and check the racing forums mostly to keep in the loop with all of you ( I know there are not many regulars here ) lol. Money is tight and since there have not been any Newman cards yet I have not got any 2014 cards.
I saw on the dreaded "E" site that they were selling a case break 2014 TM Gallery Ryan Newman auto, so it looks like he is in that set.

Jerry

Sweet! Thanks guys
I have been told that I cannot require members to donate a prize to join the game! It appears that falls in the gray area of gambling which is not allowed on Beckett.
I will not demand a prize for anyone to join the game. I just hope that those of you that have PM'd a donation already are still willing to send the prize to the person that picks it from the pool. This doesn't really change the game. It just means that members finishing near the bottom may not get a prize. Members will get to pick from the pool (in finishing order) until it is empty.
Pages: 1 2 3 4