Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: IF ONLY I COULD TURN BACK TIME ... 2011 12 HOOPS BOX BREAK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked up this for a cheap FROM THE LCS

[Image: 7a5514a3cf9ed67ea8df78c36fbfe504_zps4e705024.jpg]

foil

[Image: 5233d624cfa77fdfedd0f622d5122118_zps062e2937.jpg]

ARTIST PROOF

[Image: edd99da5570dadbbd91c525adb572b3b_zpsb7326ab9.jpg]

AUTOGRAPH

LANCE STEPHENSON ... PACERS DOING WELL SO THIS IS A NICE AUTO I GUESS

[Image: 676afacb592095e0c6f4ce32b5ca0e3b_zps5a2d3855.jpg]

AND IF ONLY I COULD TURN BACK TIME A BIT

[Image: 1add35403de9cfeb7eb7d3fb9b78675c_zps6fb4e3de.jpg]

DURING LINSANITY TIME WHEREIN THIS CARD COULD FETCH UNBELIEVABLE $$$$ ANYONE RECALL HOW MUCH THIS CARD WAS GOING FOR AT ITS PEAK?

I BELIEVE THIS IS LIN'S FIRST AUTO WEARING A KNICKS JERSEY
WOW that would have been a monster pull! It will still fetch a bit of change. Book value wise it payed for your box! Nice break!
I believe I paid 90 something for mine, that was as it was cooling off.

That's still a great card ... how fun was that half a season!
Yeah about $120
2 nice autos! Yea, imagine pulling that Lin 2 yrs ago??? Nice break either way.
Haha, nostalgic pull! I remember watching those go for asinine prices. Yup, his 1st Knicks base card and auto card was in that product. I remember Panini making a big deal about this when they were busting preview boxes on YT. It's a real shame he didn't remain a Knick. I really think Melo played a low key role in not wanting him to be resigned (yes, I know money/salary cap played the bigger role but if we really wanted to keep Lin I think something could've been done to retain him, our owner is a filthy billionaire after all and always paying asinine contracts). Linsanity was the talk of the town, he became more talked about than Melo & Stat. Since his departure to Houston I've not heard one peep about Jeremy Lin or Linsanity.

Nice pull on the Stephenson auto as well! I can't help but feel gloomy every time I see him though. A local kid from Brooklyn, NY...right in the Knicks' backyard. We had two back-to-back picks in the Second Round of the 2010 NBA Draft to select the kid but we pick Rautins & Fields. The Pacers draft the local NY kid with the very next pick...another dejected draft lottery night for this Knicks fan. Why are Knicks Management & Ownership oblivious to local talent? The kid was being written about in newspapers during his PSAL days!! I'm not a basketball scout or Knicks employee but even I knew about Lance Stephenson. UGH.

Again, sick box!