Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2012 Topps UFC Bloodlines Drying Up - Ronda Rousey RC Hot!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was doing some research on UFC products to buy to put away (sealed boxes) and wanted to share that 2012 Topps UFC Bloodlines seems to be getting harder and harder to find sealed.

http://forloveofhomeplate.com/2012-topps...loodlines/

With Ronda Rousey on FIRE and dominating all the competition this product has not only staying power but room to go up!

photo 2012-Topps-UFC-Bloodlines-Ronda-Rousey-Autograph_zps5c1a47a5.jpg

How can you top a Rookie Auto with her Patented Armbar?
[Image: 101_0313_zps8d2e3b3c.jpg]
12 Bloodlines is her rookie base card, but 12 Finest is the rookie autograph.
(03-02-2014, 09:03 PM)BDW1970 Wrote: [ -> ]12 Bloodlines is her rookie base card, but 12 Finest is the rookie autograph.
AWESOME Collection!!!

Question...in other sports (i.e. Baseball, Football, Basketball, etc) They typically don't make a distinction between what was the "1st" Rookie card auto or non-auto...but I have noticed in UFC/MMA that makes more of a difference.

Is it because there aren't as many releases?

Thanks - It was tough to grab the 1/1. I got really lucky as several folks were searching for the card. Within minutes of buying it on eBay, I was offered 5 times what I paid. It was tough to turn down, but I couldn't sell as it is one of the nicest cards I own.
I only collect MMA, so I can't help with other sports. MMA can be very difficult to follow, because Topps will release cards with 1st Auto and it is actually the 2nd auto.
Examples: Travis Browne 11 MOT; 12KO and Gustafsson 13KO; 13BL
On base cards, Topps included Strikeforce fighters in prior releases and then issued "Debut" cards after the fighter had their 1st fight in the UFC. So "Debut" may or may not be the 1st card issued.
In 12 Finest, Rousey has 5 1/1's (Red 1/1 and 4 plates); 8 /8's; 25 /25's for a total of 38 numbered autos. Unsure how many base autos Topps produced. Most of the numbered stuff is locked up in PC's and is priced out of range of most collectors.
So, 12BL is a nice option for more affordable #'ed auto stuff. It is also her first relic, mat and base cards. Plus there are many more 1/1's. Bloodlines also has some nice sketch cards that have never surfaced.
(03-05-2014, 09:31 PM)BDW1970 Wrote: [ -> ]Topps included Strikeforce fighters in prior releases and then issued "Debut" cards after the fighter had their 1st fight in the UFC. So "Debut" may or may not be the 1st card issued.
In 12 Finest, Rousey has 5 1/1's (Red 1/1 and 4 plates); 8 /8's; 25 /25's for a total of 38 numbered autos. Unsure how many base autos Topps produced. Most of the numbered stuff is locked up in PC's and is priced out of range of most collectors.
So, 12BL is a nice option for more affordable #'ed auto stuff. It is also her first relic, mat and base cards. Plus there are many more 1/1's. Bloodlines also has some nice sketch cards that have never surfaced.
Thanks for taking the time to educate me...I am getting more into watching MMA (so much more exciting than boxing to me!) and would like to bust some product open. Hopefully I will pull something cool to build my own PC around.

Keep up the impressive Rousey collection...and I am glad you turned down the other offers....that means the card has found the right owner!

Ed
Twitter @HomePlateCards

[Image: image_zps3e1b3a97.jpg]
Ed,
Here are some of my sketch cards - the Gilbert Melendez (Upper Left Hand Corner) is from 12 Bloodlines. The other 3 are from 13 Bloodlines. 12 Bloodlines still has some nice sketches that haven't been pulled yet. Not sure if you have seen them up close, but they are really impressive. Brad Utterstrom, the artist, has a photo of each sketch on his web page. Check it out.
Good luck with your pulls!
Brian
(03-08-2014, 10:43 PM)BDW1970 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: image_zps3e1b3a97.jpg]
Brad Utterstrom, the artist, has a photo of each sketch on his web page. Check it out.
Good luck with your pulls!
Brian
Wow......Those are some of the BEST Sketch cards I have ever seen of professional athletes! Impressive. I just bought a 2012 Bloodlines Ronda Rousey Autograph /75 so I am going to start to build an MMA collection....though no where near as nice as yours!!! It is a start!!

Looking forward to seeing you around here...and maybe in the future I will pull something you want/need.

Cheers,

Ed
www.ForLoveofHomePlate.com
Twitter @HomePlateCards