Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Looks like UD is...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
... getting the exclusive license for producing hockey cards. I was hoping that all 3 companies get a piece of the pie. I hope UD does not fall back to their old ways again.
I completely agree. The competition and market to produce better cards is great for us collectors with all 3 companies involved. I would like to see ITG get a license as well.
(02-26-2014, 07:38 PM)mq13 Wrote: [ -> ]... getting the exclusive license for producing hockey cards. I was hoping that all 3 companies get a piece of the pie. I hope UD does not fall back to their old ways again.
Where did you hear this?
(02-26-2014, 09:41 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you hear this?
Release here on Beckett

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/02/uppe...card-deal/

I personally am very disappointed at the NHL and NHLPA as I truly enjoy Panini products over UD(my opinion). Sorry to see Panini go as they have produced some really great cards(Prime, Dominion, Prizm). As far as me the collector this is probably going to drive me away from buying boxes and only deal with purchasing/trading for singles I need.

This statement

β€œThe players are excited about the direction Upper Deck is taking NHL trading cards – not only in product development and collectability – but also in adapting to the needs of an ever-evolving hobby and retail landscape,”

is one that really gets me. UD has done mostly nothing to adapt over the last 4 year since Panini was also producing NHL cards. Their customer service still stinks and they have very little presence on the net(ie, product previews, interaction with collectors) and quite a few of their releases have just looked really ugly. That being said I hope that at least the NHL/NHLPA will cut the number of releases that they allow UD.
ugh, so is Panini going to do good on their redemptions? Ive got some high end dominion Im waiting on...
This is Great that Panini is gone but i wish itg got their license (i would love to see what they could do with their product if they got a license b/c their product to me is really nice)...Hopefully UD stays strong in their product and maybe improve the cup with multi color patches but other than that their products are good
I like this deal and here is why....
Panini over the last for years has constantly changed it product lime up.
Some I have liked most, I have not.
With Panini you never knew what was coming out next as their lineup was always in flux.
With UD, you knew when that the order of products is, they keep using the same brand names changing them a little bit over time, and you pretty much know what you will get.
The 3 products I would most like them to bring back are-- MVP, Ice, and BAP signatures.
I am not a big Panini fan, but I will miss PRIME. Those boxes had some amazing patches & innovations.
This means the death of Score hockey.

Think about that for a minute.
bye bye Panini. You can concentrate on airbrushed mlbpa cards and sticker autos in football
Pages: 1 2