Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Question about Bowman Chrome Refractor colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good Evening everyone. I just started collecting Derrick Rose rookie autograph Bowman Chrome Refractors. However, I would like to be more knowledgeable from the help of you folks on Bowman Chrome Refractors. I know they come in a variety of colors.

Gold is definitely rare and in high demand. However, on Beckett's website, it appears the Red Chrome refractor is much more rarer (only 5 made) vs. the Gold Chrome Refractor (25 made). However, they do not have a price guide listed for the Red Chrome refractor. Does this mean that since it is so scarce, they are unable to determin the value of the red chrome refractor? So in theory, the red chrome refractor should command a much higher premium than the gold chrome refractor, correct? I am referring to Derrick Rose's Rookie Bowman Chrome Refractor. Please help this noob out. Thanks
yes you are correct, a red will bring a much higher premium then a gold, the lower the number the higher the value in 99% of the cases
What it REALLY means is that if you find someone with a red and they want "x" for it...you are going to have to pay X if you really want to own it. If you counter with an offer that the seller doesn't deem as fair than they will take it off the market for you. Not for the Rose you mentioned but I have certainly done that before.
As mentioned by another member, the lower the sn the higher the sell value MOST of the time. In this case, the Rose will command a lot more because of the scarcity. Also the value of a card usually isn't going to be listed with a bv if it's /10 or lower. Your best bet is to surf selling sites to get a gauge on what they are going for (for that particular player). I don't collect Rose so I don't know if his cards has taken a hit since his injuries. Good luck