Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Patrick Kane Ice Premieres /99 COUNTERFEIT???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hoping someone can help me. I need to know if the card I bought on eBay is fake....I purchased a 2007 Upper Deck Ice Patrick Kane card. It is graded PSA 9. I received this card about two months ago. The problem is I never really took a close look at it until today.....and now I see there is no serial number on the card!! The PSA verification number checks out, so I don't know. Is it possible this card is fake? Anyone have any idea on this? Wouldn't PSA have caught it if it was fake? PLEASE HELP!!!!
Maybe it faded due to hi temperature storage?
Perhaps UD sent an unnumbered replacement card for one that was damaged/destroyed? Or, it was just missed in printing? Those ICE cards would be tough to counterfeit. You could always contact UD & see what they have to say. Good luck & keep us updated.
How about a scan?
I don't know how an ICE card would be counterfit, but it's hard to tell if you cant touch it.
I don't think the numbers would fade cause they are stamped on the card itself.
Only thing i can think of is that its a replacement. however. i thought UD would stamp the number onto it.
So i'm not really sure. That's odd. and why didn't PSA catch it? i would imagine it would be in the report?
PSA probably did catch that it had no serial number that is why it is graded a 9.
I bought a graded card that was listed as one thing but is actually something else. I bought the card on the bay knowing what it was by sight, and it happened to be graded as well. When I received it, the case said it was a different card (not the auto edition). I just sat on it. I know what it is and don't think getting it regraded will prove anything. It's a PC card.
i would contact UD and see what is going on and also then call the grading company too
So I sent in scans of the card to UD today.....don't know what they will come back with but I am hoping it's either a replacement or an error card that was never numbered. Personally, I'd rather have one numbered unless this happens to be the only card that slipped through without one....anyway, probably just wishful thinking. I assume UD will get back to me Monday or Tuesday. Do you think if it is a mistake on UD's part it makes it worth any more money? I know some errors are astronomical compared to their originals(for example my NNOF 1990 Topps Frank Thomas).
If you pulled it from a pack, I'd imagine they would take care of you, but being that you got it on eBay I doubt it.