Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2013 Topps Museum Collection football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just bought a pack of Museum Collection at my local card shop and I pulled a Zach Ertz 7/95 double swatch/auto and a Montee Ball Auto helmet redemption. Just wanted to know if I should keep the helmet or put it on bay? what do you think?
Thanks
(02-15-2014, 03:48 PM)docsteve1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a pack of Museum Collection at my local card shop and I pulled a Zach Ertz 7/95 double swatch/auto and a Montee Ball Auto helmet redemption. Just wanted to know if I should keep the helmet or put it on bay? what do you think?
Thanks
If you bought the pack as a collector, I would say keep it and redeem it.

If you bought the pack as a person hoping to get some money, put the redemption on ebay while the product is still hot.

(02-15-2014, 03:48 PM)docsteve1 Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a pack of Museum Collection at my local card shop and I pulled a Zach Ertz 7/95 double swatch/auto and a Montee Ball Auto helmet redemption. Just wanted to know if I should keep the helmet or put it on bay? what do you think?
Thanks
I was also wondering if it is a full size helmet? usually says mini for small helmet correct?
I just pulled the same thing ("Autographed Helmet" Redemption) of Le'Veon Bell, and wondering if anybody has any sort of information on the scarcity of these. Only the Cordarrelle Patterson is on eBay, and that sellers description is not exactly amazingly helpful. If these are realistically worth what a normal auto'd authenticated helmet of Le'Veon would sell for, then I'll definitely redeem it. If there's some crazy catch to them or some insane scarcity, it will probably be on eBay once I have more information to more accurately describe it. I've checked out every website I can find looking for set checklists and/or hit checklists, as well as news articles about Museum Collection, and I am literally finding not a word about these redemptions. I did buy a full box so can confirm that it is an "extra hit" as I still got the normal breakdown of 4 hits per box, plus this redemption for the auto'd helmet. My best guess is it is a full-size helmet, because you'd think if it was a mini helmet, they would say so. Again, that's just a guess. If anybody has any other info regarding these cards or can help find some sort of link somewhere to help, let me know and I'd GREATLY appreciate it. Congrats on your Montee Ball!!!
(02-15-2014, 11:08 PM)DDubbz918 Wrote: [ -> ]I just pulled the same thing ("Autographed Helmet" Redemption) of Le'Veon Bell, and wondering if anybody has any sort of information on the scarcity of these. Only the Cordarrelle Patterson is on eBay, and that sellers description is not exactly amazingly helpful. If these are realistically worth what a normal auto'd authenticated helmet of Le'Veon would sell for, then I'll definitely redeem it. If there's some crazy catch to them or some insane scarcity, it will probably be on eBay once I have more information to more accurately describe it. I've checked out every website I can find looking for set checklists and/or hit checklists, as well as news articles about Museum Collection, and I am literally finding not a word about these redemptions. I did buy a full box so can confirm that it is an "extra hit" as I still got the normal breakdown of 4 hits per box, plus this redemption for the auto'd helmet. My best guess is it is a full-size helmet, because you'd think if it was a mini helmet, they would say so. Again, that's just a guess. If anybody has any other info regarding these cards or can help find some sort of link somewhere to help, let me know and I'd GREATLY appreciate it. Congrats on your Montee Ball!!!
It shows on the pack that the auto helmet pull is 1 in 3862. I guess we both did pretty well. Congrats on your pull as well.
(02-15-2014, 11:32 PM)docsteve1 Wrote: [ -> ]It shows on the pack that the auto helmet pull is 1 in 3862. I guess we both did pretty well. Congrats on your pull as well.
Congrats to you as well, a 1 in 80+ cases sounds pretty good, really wish Topps would reply to my tweet, so many questions about these, I love memorabilia, gonna be hard not to redeem, but really need more info on it. I'll let you know if I hear anything, congrats again!
(02-16-2014, 02:20 AM)DDubbz918 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats to you as well, a 1 in 80+ cases sounds pretty good, really wish Topps would reply to my tweet, so many questions about these, I love memorabilia, gonna be hard not to redeem, but really need more info on it. I'll let you know if I hear anything, congrats again!
Thanks. I was looking on the web as well but didn't see anything about the helmets. Would be nice if they were game used.
(02-16-2014, 10:33 AM)docsteve1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I was looking on the web as well but didn't see anything about the helmets. Would be nice if they were game used.
Yea, that's the big $$ question, are they just normal Riddell helmets with a signature and a topps witness, or is this the first time they've ever put actual game-used helmet's in a card product (last I heard of similar thing was 2001 Playoff Absolute, but don't believe those were game-worn) because if so, these would be unbelievably more valuable. I've never owned a full game-worn jersey or helmet or cleats or anything like that, so this would be pretty cool...can you imagine... "oh hey what's that next to the autograph there?" ..."oh...that's just a grass stain don't mind that, look where he hand-signed 1/1..." LOL....crazy...anyway, we'll see what happens and hopefully Topps will shed some light. I contacted the guy that had the Cordarrelle Patterson listed on eBay and he said the same thing he's been just fishing it out there hoping for someone to find some information on it since it's literally on no checklist, website, article, or anything...pretty crazy, seems to be another similar situation to when they put glossy 1/1's inside the box tops of 2013 Allen & Ginter Baseball (minus the fact that ours were in the pack and much easier to find LOL)
(02-16-2014, 11:06 AM)DDubbz918 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, that's the big $$ question, are they just normal Riddell helmets with a signature and a topps witness, or is this the first time they've ever put actual game-used helmet's in a card product (last I heard of similar thing was 2001 Playoff Absolute, but don't believe those were game-worn) because if so, these would be unbelievably more valuable. I've never owned a full game-worn jersey or helmet or cleats or anything like that, so this would be pretty cool...can you imagine... "oh hey what's that next to the autograph there?" ..."oh...that's just a grass stain don't mind that, look where he hand-signed 1/1..." LOL....crazy...anyway, we'll see what happens and hopefully Topps will shed some light. I contacted the guy that had the Cordarrelle Patterson listed on eBay and he said the same thing he's been just fishing it out there hoping for someone to find some information on it since it's literally on no checklist, website, article, or anything...pretty crazy, seems to be another similar situation to when they put glossy 1/1's inside the box tops of 2013 Allen & Ginter Baseball (minus the fact that ours were in the pack and much easier to find LOL)
Thanks for the update. If I hear anything I will let you know as well. I was going to go back to my local card shop and show the owner( she wasn't there when I pulled it) see what she has to say. I go to Overtime Cards in Midvale, UT. I'm sure that she will post a pic of my pull on her Facebook page.
I have a hard time believing they are game used, especially if they got them from the Giants. Tongue Hopefully they are full sized helmets. That would be cool. Congrats to both of you!
Pages: 1 2 3