Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Panini Basketball Doesn't Seem Out There
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm wondering if my fellow basketball card collectors are sensing the same trend I'm seeing. Although Panini is constantly releasing new basketball products every 3 weeks, I get the impression that dealers and collectors are not buying them. When dealers and collectors are hot for a product the secondary market is usually very active...I'm not seeing that for the 2013-14 products....does anyone else agree or disagree with me....like to hear from you all....thanks!
2013-14 is an awful draft class. I think it will be a down year like 2013 was for NFL products. However, many of their best products have still yet to be released. Besides Prizm there's not been a popular product released so far. Most collectors are still focusing on immaculate, flawless and NT from last year.
the weak draft class has a huge effect. when newer products come out and the older ones decrease in price, more will be opened.
I'm still focussing on catching up on last years sets that i have to complete (Elite, Brilliance, Contenders, Panini Stickers, Prizm) before I hit this years stuff. I'll probably hit this years stuff over the off-season, when the prices are down.