Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Would you pay this for this??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hate these threads. I really do but I am torn here.

There is a 2009-10 Studio Blake Griffin RC auto FS locally. The price on it is $75 (half of BV). I would be buying it to move it because I am relatively chock-full of Blake RC autos. Is it even worth me picking this up or is the price leaving me flying too close to the sun? It has been at the LCS for about three weeks or so.

I know he is having a monster year but I think his cards have peaked. I need the opinions of others because I am not sure.

For the record, I think that I would be Icarus here but I need to hear others opinions.
I think $75 isn't a bad price, but you could probably get it a little cheaper if you stalked the card in auction. I think they sell roughly in the $60-$80 range right now. Also, I think you are right about his card values, the only way I see them raising again is if the Clippers win it this year, or if he has an outstanding performance in leading the Clippers far into the postseason.
It sounds like Tbarn has the market on this one figured out. I would think 75 is the high sell value on this one. I know when I buy a card one of the criteria I use is 1/2 BV being the range I want to be under.

In terms of future value I agree with you both. After RC hype it takes a lot for a player to have a second spike in value. Especially where he is a spokesperson and keeps signing new stuff. If it was someone like Garnett who's extremely limited in auto cards then it might be a good flip, otherwise probably not.
if youre buying it to flip, thats to high of a price.
(02-09-2014, 05:06 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]if youre buying it to flip, thats too high of a price.
+1, exactly.
I figured it was a bit too high. Actually, after I posted this I checked out complete listings. ONe was $75(which would have been a loss figuring fees, shipping, etc etc) and two were in the low $50's. It isn't something I would want to get stuck with so I am happy that I went the route that I did (I made a thread about it yesterday).