Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2012-13 Elite Series, Gold Standard, Momentum x2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2012-13 Elite Series - 1 box
Base(4): Ray Allen, J.J. Hickson, Alonzo Gee, Marquis Teague RC
Class Masters: Kevin Durant /99
Elite Glass: Kevin Durant
Elite Signings: Jeff Teague /249
Rookie Inscriptions: E'Twaun Moore, Dion Waiters(redemption)
Aspirations Autographs: Alex English /98
[Image: EliteSeries2_zpsce46fb6c.jpg~original]

2012-13 Gold Standard - 1 box
Base(5, numbered /349): Dennis Rodman, Brandon Jennings, Andrea Bargnani, Joakim Noah, Courtney Lee
Metal: Allen Iverson
Gold Standard Rookie Jsy/Au: Fab Melo, Marquis Teague
Gold Standard Insert: Blake Griffin /199
White Gold Threads: Chris Paul /99
Gold Strike Auto: Klay Thompson /199
Mother Lode Auto: Andre Iguodala /99
[Image: GoldStandard_zps7037c70a.png]

2012-13 Momentum - 2 boxes
Base(18) notables: Tristan Thompson RC, Darius Miller RC, Jeremy Lamb RC,
Momentous Rookies Auto: Nicholson, Stiemsma, Jenkins, Copeland, M.Lee, Vucevic, Hansbrough, Lance Thomas(redemption)
Drive (numbered /49): OJ May, Terrence Ross
Drive Autographs: Dikembe Mutombo /10
Monumental Marks: Blake Griffin(redemption)
[Image: Momentum1_zps361f3938.png]
[Image: Momentum2_zps7abcb90c.png]
[Image: Momentum3_zpsea1eb669.png]

The Elite series wasn't as bad as my first box, with the two mid-end Durants saving me, but the Gold Standard just hurt. The Klay Thompson auto just strikes me as bad, so I'm following up this box break with a question...
When to ask for a replacement? Am I being overly critical or is it justified:
Here's a close-up of the Thompson auto:
[Image: DSC00316_zps496d60eb.jpg~original]
And a Luc Longley Marks of Brilliance redemption I just received:
[Image: LongleyAuto_zps00119493.png]
And close-up:
[Image: DSC00315_zpsa0fac687.jpg]
The Longley looks like it was just stuck in a sleeve or stacked while still wet, blotching the auto. Opinions either way would be appreciated.

Everything is FT/FS and uploaded to Org, thanks for looking!
That Klay auto would irritate me if I got that box of GS. I would see if you could get a replacement for it.

As for the Longley, not sure of his following but you may be more into shipping returning the card than what you might get in selling a replacement.
nICE ALEX english
Nice pulls! Especially the Griffin! The Klay is still a nice auto to a collector. I have yet to even pull one.
@Marchand: I really hadn't thought about the relative cost in replacing the Longley, but you're right, by itself it most likely wouldn't be worth it. Panini wants the wrapper, box, receipt, etc when issuing a replacement and as it's a redemption I don't have them anymore so I emailed Panini to which I got back their scripted response to send all that stuff. I'll definitely try to get the Thompson replaced so combining the two shouldn't cost me that much. But yeah, getting that auto out of the box was irritating, to say the least.

I actually really like the look and design of Elite series, and as the prices come down it starts becoming more appealing. I'd bought one earlier at its opening price which was just insane for the horrible box breaks, but it's down to about half now, so I may try my luck again.