Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: NBA Greatest 50 Auto PC UPDATE 6/29 48/50 Big Pickup!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
After talking with arabiansnowgriz about his collection, he asked to post mine. I am currently at 42/50, but my collection is not close to the caliber as his. I am okay with that though as I am trying to do this as cheap as possible. For example I just picked up a Oscar Robertson Leaf card for $40 shipped. I couldn't get that if it was NBA licensed. It started with me just wanting autos of players like Magic, Bird, Dr J, etc and I just went from there. All of the cards seen that are graded I had graded myself. Here is what I have so far.

NOTE: I know that Kemp is not apart of this particular collection. I got all four of those cards in the scan back from grading at the time and scanned them together. I did not feel like rescanning the other three. Ignore the Kemp haha
[Image: MichaelJordan_zps13a34628.jpg]

[Image: DavidRobinson_zps79975fb3.jpg]

[Image: BillSharman2_zps9e8d7374.jpg]

[Image: ElginBaylor_zps7a49aad2.jpg]

[Image: LennyWilkens_zps0b86815c.jpg]

[Image: RobertParish_zpsa2e7082c.jpg]

[Image: RickBarry_zpse718e902.jpg]

[Image: WaltFrazier_zps58e23807.jpg]

[Image: HakeemOlajuwon_zpsff1e2086.jpg]

[Image: JohnStockton_zpsc4bbbb86.jpg]

[Image: ClydeDrexler_zpsd37c50f8.jpg]

[Image: ShaquilleONeal_zps27a3ffe6.jpg]

[Image: JuliusErving_zps82573e03.jpg]

[Image: JerryWest_zpsd4d52003.jpg]

[Image: DolphSchayes_zps27c98279.jpg]

[Image: BillWalton_zps0210b9aa.jpg]

[Image: HalGreer_zpsb03bf6e0.jpg]

[Image: NateThurmond_zpsabb7c8d1.jpg]

[Image: PaulArizin_zps5efae453.jpg]

[Image: JohnHavlicek_zps3c3f8e32.jpg]

[Image: KareemAbdulJabbar_zpsba67c5a8.jpg]

[Image: 7_zps6ee69ade.jpg]

[Image: EarlMonroe_zps43102927.jpg]

[Image: BobPettit_zpsf48d83b9.jpg]

[Image: JamesWorthy_zps20a25b69.jpg]

[Image: LarryBird_zps1845a6de.jpg]

[Image: SamJones_zps7f8eee64.jpg]

[Image: WesUnseld_zpsd06098e1.jpg]

[Image: WillisReed_zps889c75ed.jpg]

[Image: IsiahThomas_zps66b2887c.jpg]

[Image: NateArchibald_zps16681da9.jpg]

[Image: JerryLucas_zpsc9c80818.jpg]

[Image: DaveCowens_zps925e8d6a.jpg]

[Image: GeorgeGervin_zps530be1b0.jpg]
[Image: BillRussell_zpsfa3d815d.jpg]

[Image: ElvinHayes_zpsc58ea0e4.jpg]

[Image: KevinMcHale_zps6b7a4912.jpg]

[Image: DaveBing_zps2764e96f.jpg]

[Image: MosesMalone_zpsb6c91397.jpg]

[Image: OscarRobertson_zpsf5eb78c8.jpg]
I enjoy looking at threads such as these, very impressive collection. Love the look of the Elgin Baylor and Oscar Robertson cards...Good Luck on the rest of the chase
Kemp wasn't part of the NBA greatest 50! No Ewing.... I'd have to kill you if you did, Nick!!! lol just kidding.
(02-01-2014, 11:41 PM)taffster74 Wrote: [ -> ]Kemp wasn't part of the NBA greatest 50! No Ewing.... I'd have to kill you if you did, Nick!!! lol just kidding.
Haha I knew someone would say something about the Kemp....just didn't want to rescan the other three! The Ewing will be tough to get.
(02-01-2014, 08:29 PM)nicholsr98 Wrote: [ -> ]I enjoy looking at threads such as these, very impressive collection. Love the look of the Elgin Baylor and Oscar Robertson cards...Good Luck on the rest of the chase
Thanks man. I like the Oscar Robertson a lot. The picture is cool....looks like he is elbowing the other player in the head haha.
Awesome start to the PC. Lot of Celtics in the NBA 50 Greatest!
Dang man...you can say you're doing it "on the cheap" all you want but that's still a really impressive collection of stuff man!

Was that my Isaiah Thomas Topps auto, btw? I pulled that card a while back and traded it, can't remember to whom though. If it was to you I'm glad I could contribute!
(02-02-2014, 07:56 AM)The_Zodiac_Collection Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome start to the PC. Lot of Celtics in the NBA 50 Greatest!
Thanks man! I think my favorite Celtics card is the Russell.
(02-02-2014, 08:55 PM)buckunteer Wrote: [ -> ]Dang man...you can say you're doing it "on the cheap" all you want but that's still a really impressive collection of stuff man!

Was that my Isaiah Thomas Topps auto, btw? I pulled that card a while back and traded it, can't remember to whom though. If it was to you I'm glad I could contribute!
Thanks man. I know you think the cards are impressive but I could of spent more. The MJ cost me $80 (pulled it) so that helped. The reason I think it has been cheap is the Russell cost me $ 35 when most of his autos cost 75+. Same with the Oscar Robertson. It cost me only $40. My Pippen cost me $55 when most cost at least double that. But thanks for the comments.

As far as the Isiah I got that off eBay. I paid $10 total for that. So again why I feel the collection has been "cheap."
Awesome collection. I feel like I'd love to attempt this someday (in the distant future).

I was going to comment on the Kemp too.

Best of luck on the remaining eight.
(02-03-2014, 12:45 AM)dodgydave Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome collection. I feel like I'd love to attempt this someday (in the distant future).

I was going to comment on the Kemp too.

Best of luck on the remaining eight.
Thanks man! It has been fun getting the cards. I was going to mention that I know Kemp isn't a part of the top 50 but I assumed that everyone would know that. I just didn't feel like rescanning the other three haha!
Sweet stuff! I recently started this project and would love to get this far one day!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7