Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: EPIC Upper Deck mailday ... MJ AUTO!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I bought a redemption card online back in July.

Finally got this beauty via FedEx on Tuesday ...

[Image: AutoMJ_zps5f9625e9.jpg]

What's cool is that when I saw those 16-auto booklets of MJ a couple of months ago, I started to wonder whether Upper Deck was liquidating its autos or whatever, so I hurried up and asked for a replacement.

However, this is the actual card I was supposed to get!

(This is actually the third MJ auto I've owned, but I sold the other two — 2005-06 Sweet Shot and 2011 Goodwin Champions. This is the first one that I am the original owner on. The scratches are on the case. The auto itself is pretty bold in black Sharpie. I'm pretty darn happy with it.)
sweet card, nice big auto!!!!
(01-23-2014, 10:15 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]sweet card, nice big auto!!!!
Thanks man ... I was a little nervous about the redemption because some of those "Home Court" autos from other years/releases looked a little thin ... but as you can see, this was pretty solid.

Suffice it to say, I'm keeping this one!
Congrats man! That is a beauty. The auto really pops on that background. Good luck if you send it in!
Hey man sweet card nice clean auto, if you decide to move that one keep me in mind! Smile
COngrats on the MJ!!

I am down to one MJ auto too and thinking of adding another soon...
That card is wicked! Congrats! Someday I will get one to...
Sweet!! I'm glad to see it arrived safely!!
(01-24-2014, 11:37 AM)TBarn291 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats man! That is a beauty. The auto really pops on that background. Good luck if you send it in!
Not letting it out of my sight for a minute, LOL
(01-24-2014, 01:13 PM)kevinr Wrote: [ -> ]Hey man sweet card nice clean auto, if you decide to move that one keep me in mind! Smile
I seem to remember us having a similar conversation before, LOL
(01-24-2014, 02:53 PM)arod1973 Wrote: [ -> ]COngrats on the MJ!!

I am down to one MJ auto too and thinking of adding another soon...
Thank you ... I sold my other one shortly before I bought the redemption, so I've had a huge hole in my hoops PC for about six months.
(01-24-2014, 04:39 PM)magneto2 Wrote: [ -> ]That card is wicked! Congrats! Someday I will get one to...
The good news is that some of the Carolina autos are a fair amount cheaper than the Bulls/Wizards autos.

In my opinion, the ones with the grainy/blurry black and white photos aren't that great, but if you get one with a nice picture and design they're a pretty good deal.

Plus, I've always been a fan of SP Authentic (bought the famous Vince Carter RC and pulled the LeBron RC myself), so it's cool to have an MJ auto from that brand.
(01-24-2014, 05:24 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet!! I'm glad to see it arrived safely!!
Yeah, what was funny was that it was supposed to arrive sometime Tuesday (8 a.m. to 8 p.m., way to be specific!) ... so around 10:30 a.m. I called to request that they take it somewhere where I could pick it up, because I didn't want to miss them.

Like 10 minutes after I called, the guy showed up at my door. I was pretty stoked.
I didn't want to wait either so I got a reperslacement and got the 11-12 version which is at BGS now Smile
Pages: 1 2