Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2008-09 o-pee-chee marquee rcs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Question...I am trying to add some 2008-09 opc rookies, I think I understand the MetalX version...it has the streaks in the back ground... but I am confused which is the Gold and which is the Metal...is the gold the thinner card and the metal is the almost gold chrome style?
I believe the OPC logo is white on the Gold and is not (takes on the same look) on the Metal.
Hi:
I've had the same trouble until I found this response on another trading site. Hope it helps ..... good luck in your collecting .....

Base: No shine and very common, easy to identify...

Metal: It's the only parallel that doesn't shine rainbow. Turn it from side to side, if it doesn't shine rainbow colours and only reflects silver then you've got yourself a Metal.

Gold: Shines rainbow colours, but the O-Pee-Chee lettering is plain white with no rainbow reflection around the black lettering.

Metal-X: Shines rainbow colours as does the O-Pee-Chee lettering (the white part around the black lettering to be exact). Some have a textured mountain like backgrond too.
Never a problem to me

If got it out of a regular pack it is a Gold-- metal was only available in the update.

Metal is like chrome -- metal x is refractor-- where actually printed by the same guys that did Topps chrome back then. How do I know this? I have OPC metal hockey cards with Bowman Chrome baseball backs.

Also where it confusing to some is that sometimes the Metal X refractors DP NOT have the "x" lines on them.