Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Brooklyn Dodger Pick Ups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally found some focus on what I want to do since getting back into the hobby late last month, Brooklyn Dodger team sets from every issue 1909 - 1957. I had picked up a lot of raw vintage over the years, got caught up in breaking new wax and was really just all over the place. The 5 year break really made me think about what I wanted to collect and pass down to my kids.

[Image: 1933_Goudey_Bud_Clancy_PSA_3.jpg]
[Image: 1933_Goudey_Jack_Quinn_PSA_2.jpg]
[Image: 1933_Goudey_Joe_Judege_RC.jpg]
[Image: 1933_Goudey_Lafayette_Thompson_PSA_3.jpg]
[Image: 1933_Goudey_Owen_Carroll.jpg]
[Image: 1933_Goudey_Val_Picinich_PSA_VG3.jpg]
[Image: 1934_Goudey_John_Frederick.jpg]
[Image: 1950_Bowman_Joe_Hatten.jpg]
[Image: 1951_Bowman_Erv_Palica.jpg]
[Image: 1951_Bowman_Joe_Hatten.jpg]
[Image: 1954_Bowman_Carl_Furillo.jpg]
[Image: 1954_Bowman_Duke_Snider.jpg]
[Image: 1954_Bowman_Roy_Campanella.jpg]
[Image: 1956_Topps_Don_Newcombe.jpg]
[Image: 2001_Topps_Team_Legends_Ralph_Branca_Auto.jpg]
Great vintage pickups. Thanks for posting.
Very nice Pick-ups. I don't have a Furillo, have to admit I'm a little jealous. Enjoy and keep up the good buys. Get them while you can....Mel
(01-29-2014, 04:54 PM)radarblip Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice Pick-ups. I don't have a Furillo, have to admit I'm a little jealous. Enjoy and keep up the good buys. Get them while you can....Mel
You should really like this, then:
[Image: 1954_Bowman_Carl_Furillo_Auto_PSADNA.jpg]

This is my favorite Brooklyn Dodger auto I own - to me, it's better than the Pee Wee Reese auto's, all the Duke Snider auto's, even better than the Clem Labine auto from Topps Fan Favorites.

According to all the stories, the newspapers articles and all the books written about the Dodgers, Furillo had a cannon for an arm, was a great hitter (he won the 1953 batting title with a .344 average) and this totally unassuming guy who ended up being a butcher and a steelworker after his days playing baseball ended. He didn't have the star power that Reese, Hodges, Robinson and Snider had, but the guy was a gamer.