Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 1997-98 Game Dated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody know the difference on the base card to the parallel card. I can't see any on the uploaded images.
Be careful picking one of these cards up. Both the base cards and the parallel have the Game Dated logo on the card. The Game Dated Parallel cards look very similar to the same printing process used for Black Diamond brand base cards. They have an etched metallic finish. It is a very noticeable difference between the base card and the parallel. Like I stated both the base and parallel have the game dated logo on them and unfortunately it leads to many people listing the base cards as the parallel.
This was also asked a couple years ago, and apparently, the actual parallels are thicker as well.
Thanks for the information guys very helpful community as always.
The parallels are much thicker. The base cards have a base card thickness, of course. The Game-Dated parallels are about the thickness of a jersey card. I don't believe they will fit, or fit easily in a standard top-loader. In person, it is really easy to tell the difference. On eBay it can be tough - especially the ones like Samsonov, that have really dark background

[Image: mailday5271.jpg]
[Image: mailday5278.jpg]
The game dated parallels have the same finish as my die cut 3 star selects, knowing this makes it easier to spot them, thanks again for the response.
Very nice collection as well.
(01-17-2014, 10:23 AM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: [ -> ]The game dated parallels have the same finish as my die cut 3 star selects, knowing this makes it easier to spot them, thanks again for the response.
Very nice collection as well.
yeah, that's accurate with the 3-Star Selects

Thanks.. it's only a portion of it, though Wink
Always wanted one of those Roy cards...great show and info.
(01-19-2014, 11:20 PM)snobles Wrote: [ -> ]Always wanted one of those Roy cards...great show and info.
Just so you know, it is available Wink