Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: need help picking new set
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So as of right now i mostly collect baseball cards but i am looking for a few new sets to start collecting, i'd like them to be nfl, nba, or nhl sets that are new/newer. I'm not looking for the super-high end type sets. And i'd really like them to be popular sets that most of you have so i can trade. So please give me some suggestions, i'm also open to baseball but you'll understand why i'd rather have other sports when you read my list of sets i currently am collecting... Here's the list i currently am adding to..

BASEBALL
2012 Topps Allen & Ginter's
2012 Topps Heritage
2013 Bowman
2013 Bowman Chrome
2013 Bowman Platinum
2013 Gypsy Queen
2013 Topps Allen & Ginter's (have base. so any card i don't have i want)
2013 Topps Chrome
2013 Topps Heritage Major

BASKETBALL
2012-13 Panini Past & Present

FOOTBALL
2013 Bowman
2013 Topps Chrome
2013 Topps
Upper Deck is always a solid choice. Some of the better RC's can be a little pricey but nothing to overly crazy and it is widely bought/traded. Also since it's a "double rookie class" this year, I think that has helped hold down the prices a little.
(01-04-2014, 01:06 AM)stastny26avs Wrote: [ -> ]Upper Deck is always a solid choice. Some of the better RC's can be a little pricey but nothing to overly crazy and it is widely bought/traded. Also since it's a "double rookie class" this year, I think that has helped hold down the prices a little.
i actually bought 1 box of 2013-14 upper deck series one hockey. I have no idea if thats what you're talking about, i liked the one young gunz card i got, but the base cards were a little plain, i might collect that set, but i've never been into plain looking cards like the ones from the 90's.but the look is only a part of it, i really want a set that A LOT of ppl on beckett collect so if thats the 2013-14 upper deck set then i'll keep buying it. I got addicted to collecting a few months ago when i made a random purchase of a 2013 allen & ginter's pack of cards. I love the unique look of the cards, and the insert sets, and parallels. I think the minis are ok too, i've never really got into the minis but theyre a cool little bonus. But i really want to find a hockey set or 2 thats newer that has it's own look and has cool insert sets and parallels. If i can find that i'll go crazy and run with it and have packages of blaster and hobby boxes showing up in the mail every other day.
I really like the black diamond hockey cards. I'm going to look into the flagship and opeechee.
A lot of guys seem to busting 13-14 Panini Prizm and I like the look of those.
(01-04-2014, 02:59 PM)onoxxxregretso Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of guys seem to busting 13-14 Panini Prizm and I like the look of those.
Thank You, i looked up the 13-14 panini prizm hockey cards and that is a perfect nhl set for me. Appreciate the help.
P.S.
i've only been collecting seriously for like 3 months and i've always just collected sets, i like being able to label a shoebox style card box with the set year & logo and continually adding to it. I've never considered any other ways to collect until i seen ppl on forum with PC and i just figured out that it's player collections, what other ways do you guys collect besides just sets, and how do i find a list of player cards so i know what cards to look for< because id like to start doing a few PC's like PUIG.
Just enter the players name in the search tool and you will get a list of the cards.