Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Cheap shipping costs to Canada!! Worth a look
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see so many threads asking about how they can ship to Canada for cheaper than the $6 at the post office and i seem to be writing the same thing to help people out over and over so maybe if I do a post about it one of the mods can sticky it and more people can become aware of the cheaper shipping methods (If anyone else has any they'd like to share feel free to post them!)

I use stamps.com, first let me say they cvharge $16 a month to use the service but it is more than worth it and let me tell you why (lol i feel like a sales rep here). I pay $2.05 for a 1 ounce bubble mailer to Canada and overseas (instead of the $6+ they charge you at the post office) Then for each ounce it costs an extra $0.20. Then to the US it costs $1.69 for a bubble mailer up to 3 oz WITH free delivery confirmation. Npt only do they have these options but they have every option for shipping that they have at the post office.

Not only do you save a ton of money shipping to Canada but with this you dont have to wait in lines at the post office as so print the poistage fro, home, tape or adhere it to the package and put it in the mailbox for the mailman to pick up in the morning!

Feel free to check it out, they give you a free 1 month trial +$5 postage so its worth a shot and if you dont like it just cancel it but i guarantee for anyone whos like me who ships 80% of your stuff to Canada it's more than worth it to have!!

http://www.stamps.com/welcome/custom/hom...=44790:1:0

And just so everyone knows im not trying to sell you something here, i am just sharing my personal experience and hope that this thread will help a few of my fellow members get cheaper shipping charges!!
I use it as well.

One of the best options is that you can use their stamps.com insurance, which doesn't translate to any customs forms - so it allows you to ship overseas and insure properly while adhering to the wishes of every foreign buyer; 'keeping declared values low'

another handy tip... Regional Rate Box A and Regional Rate Box B - costs considerably less than flat-rate.
I use this as well. Love it!
You know, I just thought of this. Are you guys who use stamps.com able to print off any return address? I guess really though it doesn't matter. This might be out of line, but does anybody want to become my dealer? I'll pay you to print me off shipping labels so i can send packages to canada. I only really ship 1-3 a month so its not worth it for me to go to the post office....but since you already have it...you could make some money on the side...... Wink
I believe that the account owner's address prints as the return address.
Yeah if it wasn't $16 a month I would do it. Unfortunately I don't trade enough to really make it worth it. Some months I trade a lot and others I either don't trade at all or only have one or two trades.
I was concerned about the $16 per month at first, too. But it beats the heck out of waiting at the post office, as well as all the trips I'd take in my vehicle. I'll use it for a few months and see how it goes (and get my free postage coupons). I can always cancel if trading gets too slow to justify the service.
When i first got stamps.com this time last year i used it like once or twice and then left it and called to cancel but they actually just waved the monthly fee instead of cancelling it and theyve done so for me a few times when money was tight and i know i wouldnt be shipping much.

Also, about the return address i have the stamps.com program and i can change the return address from my address to anyone elses, ive made shipping labels for a few hobby friends to save them some coin shipping to Canada since they dont do it very often.
So if I use the website for shipping, I would not be able to update the return shipping address? I haven't downloaded the software because I discovered that using the website is pretty simple.

Thanks, Jon.
(01-02-2014, 03:20 PM)shierydana Wrote: [ -> ]So if I use the website for shipping, I would not be able to update the return shipping address? I haven't downloaded the software because I discovered that using the website is pretty simple.

Thanks, Jon.
To be honest, i don't know as i have never used the website, i really like the software for it and have just always used that.