Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Nice day to spend the Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Going to a show today for the first time in about 7 years.... I do all my buying online. Gonna bring my 4 and 6 year old boys with me , we'll see how that goes. The 6 year old is getting into collecting alittle and I give him commons to put in his binder so I'll probably pick up some packs for both of them.... I'm looking to pick up some vintage as that is really all I collect.... Maybe some 56's for my set or whatever catches my eye. It's at the ramada inn in bordentown NJ if anyone from the area.
Rarely any shows in Birmingham, Alabama. They occasionally have them about 50 miles north of here but they are small and infrequent. I have thought about getting something started but not totally sure of the interest in the area.
Not sure if there are many collectors here, especially of vintage stuff. Been doing all of my trading and buying online.
No card shops here either.
Hope you have a great day at the show and that your boys enjoy it too!
(12-22-2013, 12:38 PM)jtysver1 Wrote: [ -> ]Rarely any shows in Birmingham, Alabama. They occasionally have them about 50 miles north of here but they are small and infrequent. I have thought about getting something started but not totally sure of the interest in the area.
Not sure if there are many collectors here, especially of vintage stuff. Been doing all of my trading and buying online.
No card shops here either.
Great signature banner. Can't help to comment about the picture of Willie on his knees. A lot of media blowhards point to that image of Willie as a symbol of his decline. What they never mention is that he was actually on deck when Bud Harrelson was thrown at home WS Game 2 against the A's. Harrelson collapsed in anger near the dugout after the phantom tag out call against a run that would have won the game and Mays simply couldn't believe the bad call. It had nothing to do with being washed up but only Mays' desire to win. The Mets eventually won the game.
(01-06-2014, 10:55 AM)coimbre 21 Wrote: [ -> ]Great signature banner. Can't help to comment about the picture of Willie on his knees. A lot of media blowhards point to that image of Willie as a symbol of his decline. What they never mention is that he was actually on deck when Bud Harrelson was thrown at home WS Game 2 against the A's. Harrelson collapsed in anger near the dugout after the phantom tag out call against a run that would have won the game and Mays simply couldn't believe the bad call. It had nothing to do with being washed up but only Mays' desire to win. The Mets eventually won the game.
I think the clearest point of Mays decline was when he lost the ball in the sun during that series.
Thank you for the compliment on my sig.
Hi, I've been sitting on some older cards for a while and I've been getting into collecting and trading more recently. I was wondering, how do you find out about these card shows? I'm going to a flea market in hopes of finding a collector or two selling some cards, but I'd be really interested in going to a show.
There is a link to the show calendar at the bottom of this page
thanks man, I wouldn't have found that lol

hope you enjoy your day