Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Vintage Acquisition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't posted a show and tell in a while. Ive been wanting to add a gamer of this player for a while....I missed out on one about a year ago and haven't seen another one since.....then this one popped up in an auction! Huge thanks to a few fellow collectors who backed off and didn't bid it up, knowing I wanted it.

Here it is....
It was orig listed as a 1988-89...but after some research and help video-matching it from a friend.....I was able to prove it was a 1989-90 and am being issued a corrected COA.

This gamer is littered with puck/Stick marks, unrepaired holed, board burns and blood stains.

1989-90 Bob Errey
[Image: IMG_3936.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3920.jpg]

Photomatch & Videomatched to two marks on Left Shoulder
[Image: IMG_3939.jpg]

[Image: match3.jpg]

goal celebration match
[Image: match2.jpg]

Thanks for the looks...comments always welcomed.!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
Very Nice!
awesome!
Great addition Hugh!!! Congrats on the really sweet GU!!! I know that your collection is getting bigger and bigger. You may need to buy a new house so you can get a display room for all your GU.
Cool, and nice job on the matching.
pretty cool addition.
Very nice piece! Old school memorabilia makes me smile, especially how there used to be one set a year and looking at them at the end of the year, it truly shows, but actually gives it character.

The new stuff is kind of annoying in that so many times, you actually have to be using a magnifying class to locate wear. The old stuff, you just look and *BAM*, it looks like Paschendale (major battle in WWI) all over again.

Of course, my Gilles Meloche is a bit more vintage...but I'm not bragging or anything, Hugh Smile
(12-20-2013, 11:53 AM)irbefan4life Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, my Gilles Meloche is a bit more vintage...but I'm not bragging or anything, Hugh Smile
I still think you should make that available for me to acquire from you to add into my Penguins collection....where it rightfully belongs! Smile

JUST SAYING!
Im actually working on trying to get a piece of memorabilia directly from Tomas Vokoun now....he lives near me and is always at the rink I play at watching his two daughters figure skate......hoping to try and buy a jersey...if not some other piece of his Penguins used gear to add into my collection.

FINGERS CROSSED@!
very nice addition!!

Happy Holidays,

Jon
Very nice stuff! Do you have a kunitz jsy?
Pages: 1 2