Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Cachets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have not found this elsewhere, but I have two cachets and was curious if I should have these slabbed. Not sure what category these items fit into, but my assumption would be that the autos would go through authentication as well as the items, but they would not be graded. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

[Image: 20131214_182347_zpsba467a99.jpg]
Looks like you'd have to go through JSA for authentication and then BGS for grading/slabbing.

Good luck!!
Does anyone know if these items get graded, or just slabbed or both?
No clue. Hopefully someone with more experience can help you out.
(12-15-2013, 01:22 AM)y2hood Wrote: [ -> ]No clue. Hopefully someone with more experience can help you out.
Thanks. As I am rediscovering my collection I keep running into the "odds and ends" that make up my wonderfully eclectic collection, and want to do whatever is best to preserve it.
(12-15-2013, 01:44 AM)anhaga68 Wrote: [ -> ]As I am rediscovering my collection I keep running into the "odds and ends" that make up my wonderfully eclectic collection, and want to do whatever is best to preserve it.
IF anything, they'd go to JSA first, but just not be Graded. Like y2hood said, I'm not entirely sure.
I keep running it over in my head, I think you will probably get hammered on the surface grade because of the post mark stamp. I know BGS and I discussed via email that they'd grade and slab a Saints envelop with a stamp for me, but it's not autographed and has never been used to mail something.

I'm interested in finding out the right answer.
Of all of the ones I have found online for sale, there was only one that was slabbed. It was done by PSA, but not graded. So I wonder if you are correct that the post mark subtracts signifigantly on the surface grade.