Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: MacKinnon YG FT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Brand new, pack fresh copy of the regular Mackinnon YG, not a misprint copy. Putting it in my org now, send me open offers!
offer sent!!
(12-11-2013, 10:01 PM)washjeff Wrote: [ -> ]Brand new, pack fresh copy of the regular Mackinnon YG, not a misprint copy. Putting it in my org now, send me open offers!
There are misprints?
(12-12-2013, 04:02 AM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: [ -> ]There are misprints?
Yes, There are ones that have a very light pinkish area on the left chest to arm area. He's a link to one on feebay, not my auction just an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NATHAN-MacKINNON...2c786f5f2c

(12-12-2013, 08:02 AM)pens1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, There are ones that have a very light pinkish area on the left chest to arm area. He's a link to one on feebay, not my auction just an example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NATHAN-MacKINNON...2c786f5f2c
Oh, wow. I'm really glad I've read this thread. I would never have realized this about the misprint! I wonder if any of the other YGs have this issue?

I do know that UD is working on reprinting cards from this series, so I wonder if it's because of that type of misprint (or if there are other issues/errors).

Thanks!
Well I read a guy's thread where a good bit (half at least) of his base cards had the foil coming off, so the foil areas looked kinda black. As far as I know, somehow the top Young Gun was the only one of those they goofed on... *facepalm*
I noticed that about the foil on the cards. I bought two boxes, one of them was fine, and the other, the foil would flake off. I thought it was just the way I was putting them into the sheets.
Here is a statement from Upper Deck regarding the foil issue and how it "doesn't subtract from the overall grading score":

We apologize, but we are not issuing replacements for the MacKinnon cards that have a missing patch of foil near the Y in Young Guns. After conferring with Beckett, we have decided that the defect does not subtract from the overall grading score on these cards enough to warrant replacement. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I would like to see a statement from Beckett regarding this. I find it hard to believe that this would not lower the score for a card with foil flaking off if it were submitted to BGS.
(12-13-2013, 11:40 AM)shierydana Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a statement from Upper Deck regarding the foil issue and how it "doesn't subtract from the overall grading score":

We apologize, but we are not issuing replacements for the MacKinnon cards that have a missing patch of foil near the Y in Young Guns. After conferring with Beckett, we have decided that the defect does not subtract from the overall grading score on these cards enough to warrant replacement. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I would like to see a statement from Beckett regarding this. I find it hard to believe that this would not lower the score for a card with foil flaking off if it were submitted to BGS.
Also kinda crappy that UD will not offer replacements for substandard cards.