Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Break the Case?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure what to do with this card. Should I keep it in the case or break it open for easier storage? I picked it up for my PC so resale, etc. isn't a big deal. And I didn't pay any more than I would have for the raw card. On the other hand it has a pretty good grade and a low serial number (/25). I know it's a personal preference thing, but what's your opinion?

[Image: 37824e43-d693-460f-9595-e94ec5360a8f.jpg]
I would keep it in the case.
I would say keep in encased, it's a good grade. Or try to find another ungraded one and flip this one.

I totally understand your other side though. I hate buying graded cards, I just don't see the point and it kind of freaks out my OC :-) How do you display a set or collection when half are graded and half aren't?
I would never crack out a 9.5. Is storage really that much of a problem?
keep it in the case as a 9.5 it carries more value not much but more. Plus it will never be damaged. Roomer is that Beckett casing is water proof but I wouldn't go there. haha
(12-05-2013, 01:26 PM)iconms Wrote: [ -> ]I would never crack out a 9.5. Is storage really that much of a problem?
I don't go for graded cards for my Maddux PC and the slabs don't fit well with the rest of my cards in one-touch holders or toploaders.
in case u ever sell off your collection for now that being a 9.5 carries more value. i would leave it as is. easiest solution....buy a new storage box made for graded cards and buy more to fill up the box!!
I would just store it on its side and keep it in the case. I have a few graded cards and that's how I store them with my cards in toploads and one touch
I would leave it in the slab, for all the reasons that have been stated. Of course, I only collect Beckett Graded cards.
I have a few Cespedes cards that I have cracked the case on... They were all serial #'d cards that I couldn't find ungraded. I only cracked the 9's and below and left the 9.5 despite the storage annoyance.
Pages: 1 2