Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Posts...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
... on here have dropped alot. Hardly seems anyone comments about anything anymore. Trades are drying up across the board. I thought this would pick up with the double rookie class this year. I know this is primarily a UD & Panini site, but there is not much action on the box breaking side compared to a few years ago. I was hoping to hit some PC targets but guess I will have to lower my expectations. I have the Hockey OPG until 12/15. Hope things pickup here or I will wait until next year to renew my OPG and trading on here. Another concern is it seems alot of the older regulars have dropped off. Anyone else see the drastic dropoff?

Anyhow Happy Holiday to everyone. I hope everyone the best in thier upcoming box breaks.

Take care,
Mark
I have noticed the number of posts are down, but the trades for me are not too bad. Of course when your between jobs you have some time to pursue hobbies, having said that there are a lot of people that have cards I would trade for but haven't been here for weeks to years.
(11-25-2013, 02:19 PM)mq13 Wrote: [ -> ]... on here have dropped alot. Hardly seems anyone comments about anything anymore. Trades are drying up across the board. I thought this would pick up with the double rookie class this year. I know this is primarily a UD & Panini site, but there is not much action on the box breaking side compared to a few years ago. I was hoping to hit some PC targets but guess I will have to lower my expectations. I have the Hockey OPG until 12/15. Hope things pickup here or I will wait until next year to renew my OPG and trading on here. Another concern is it seems alot of the older regulars have dropped off. Anyone else see the drastic dropoff?

Anyhow Happy Holiday to everyone. I hope everyone the best in thier upcoming box breaks.

Take care,
Mark
ITS SO BORING HERE MARK Sad SO BORING Sad no one talks anymore!
I hardly ever post on here anymore, but I am continuing to do lots of trades (10 incoming right now) Smile
I've just wandered my way back after a little time away. I'm slowly loading up my organize but it's a little overwhelming when you don't have the time.
I do read everything but rarely post.
I too have seen a drastic drop in posts, box brakes, trade threads etc etc etc. I too have stopped showing off my brakes and mail. Reason being it takes a fair bit of time to scan, resize, rename and do the tables to share. At the end of the day, 3-4 hours to do what I do so that I can share and get 3-4 comments with over 75 views I have decided it is not worth me time and or effort. Now when I say this it is not just this site when I post. I find it on the 3 sites I trade on. This is my main site as this is where I started but for the most part it is just frustrating. Just my 2 cents and vent for the day.
I used to trade a lot, but its so hard to find pc items now, i just end up buying on ebay. I try to post to keep things alive....or maybe i'm just holding onto something.....

back in 82, i could throw a pig skin a quarter mile.....
I am still here but not posting a lot. Still trying to trade if possible but that has also slowed down. I think the cost to ship to Canada plays a factor for sure.
It is tough to get the trading done for sure. When you swap lower end stuff it is hardly worth the shipping, for higher end stuff I am looking to move them mostly for PC stuff -not trade bait. It is tough to find someone who wants what I have and has something I need in the same BV range. It is far more tempting to take the nice card I have and sell it on the bay and then use that money to buy something I really want -not just settle for something I have limited interest in. That being said it is a lot more fun to trade!
Pages: 1 2