Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Nervous to mail... should I?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So this item just sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151165379308?ssP...1561.l2649

The buyer is from China and has just two positive feedback (though none negative). I called eBay and they said I should take video of me shipping the item and taking it to the Post Office. They said that doing so would protect me in an item not as described claim. If I decide to ship, I'm planning on shipping Registered.

Am I safe or am I about to get screwed?
Tough to say. But my motto is: When in doubt, leave it out.
Should have used the ebay shipping service. All you have to do is ship it to ebay in Kentucky and they take care of the rest, which assures you you wont get screwed.
(11-24-2013, 08:59 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: [ -> ]Should have used the ebay shipping service. All you have to do is ship it to ebay in Kentucky and they take care of the rest, which assures you you wont get screwed.
+1, that's what I use!
agree with above...or 1) dont use ebay or 2) list in your sale no one under 25 feedback or so!
If I ship registered and fully insure AND take a continuous video of me packaging up the card and then handing it to the lady at the USPS counter I don't see how I could get screwed... am I missing something though?
If you go through all those measures you should be ok. I had a minor issue with an Eastern buyer before ebay had the international shipping program, (buyer put in an item not received WAY before it had a chance to make it there) but it ended up ok when the item arrived.
(11-24-2013, 08:00 PM)dleifriaf Wrote: [ -> ]So this item just sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151165379308?ssP...1561.l2649

The buyer is from China and has just two positive feedback (though none negative). I called eBay and they said I should take video of me shipping the item and taking it to the Post Office. They said that doing so would protect me in an item not as described claim. If I decide to ship, I'm planning on shipping Registered.

Am I safe or am I about to get screwed?
taking video will NOT protect you in an ebay dispute. just a fyi
(11-24-2013, 08:59 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: [ -> ]Should have used the ebay shipping service. All you have to do is ship it to ebay in Kentucky and they take care of the rest, which assures you you wont get screwed.
F%"·$ Ebay shipping service. Excuse the language.

It is supposed to be a solution for international bidding traffic on Ebay but it makes me pay $28 dollars for shipping on one card. And that is to Spain, I mean, it is not like I live in Sudan or Nepal or something. For that kind of money I can have it sent to me by Fedex. Ebay shipping service is an insult from Ebay to international buyers.
(11-25-2013, 10:45 AM)folkertino Wrote: [ -> ]F%"·$ Ebay shipping service. Excuse the language.

It is supposed to be a solution for international bidding traffic on Ebay but it makes me pay $28 dollars for shipping on one card. And that is to Spain, I mean, it is not like I live in Sudan or Nepal or something. For that kind of money I can have it sent to me by Fedex. Ebay shipping service is an insult from Ebay to international buyers.
i think it helps all parties involved. ofcourse its not worth it for a low end card, but when selling a card for 5K, this is the best option.
Pages: 1 2