Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Derrick Rose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If anyone has any Derrick Rose cards they'd like to unload out of frustration, please check me. Thanks!
I don't have any, but I'm wondering. Will his patch cards this year be made of knee braces? I hope this is just a bad stretch early in his career.
I have a bad feeling about this guy....His luck is horrible. I hope he can recover 100% someday. The NBA could really use more guys like him.
Me and my roommates have been asking this question: If Derrick Rose never played again is he a Hall of Famer? Every single person that has won an MVP is in the Hall of Fame (except for Shaq, Iverson, Duncan, Garnett, Nash, Dirk, Kobe, and Lebron but all these guys making it.) Do you consider him a Hall of Famer?
(11-25-2013, 10:04 AM)bballfrk44 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you consider him a Hall of Famer?
He hasn't played enough or accomplished enough to be HOF quality, in my book. If he never comes back, I think he should not be let in.
(11-25-2013, 10:04 AM)bballfrk44 Wrote: [ -> ]Me and my roommates have been asking this question: If Derrick Rose never played again is he a Hall of Famer? Every single person that has won an MVP is in the Hall of Fame (except for Shaq, Iverson, Duncan, Garnett, Nash, Dirk, Kobe, and Lebron but all these guys making it.) Do you consider him a Hall of Famer?
He has only played in 289 NBA games. Absolutely not in the HOF at this point. An MVP award is an award based on a single season. A HOF nomination and the induction is recognition of a career that spans several years! has a tremendous impact on the game and the player retires as one of the best ever. If we never see Drose again he is just another injury prone "what could of been..."
I love D-Rose but he is not a Hall of Famer at this point..

I just hope he can come back from this latest injury but I dont expect him to come back at the level he was before..not after 2 knee surgeries..

His cards held their value pretty well after the first injury but i expect them to drop significantly this time around..
Now remember Basketball Hall of Fame does include entire basketball career so his 2010 FIBA World Championship would be apart of it and making the Championship game of NCAA tournament. But I agree I don't think he is a Hall of Famer