Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: I can't take this any more. Done trading for a while.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, eff the USPS.

With a telephone pole wrapped in barbed wire.

They will not be stealing any more of my money (or my cards, I'm convinced of it now) from this day forward.

In the last six weeks, they have:

— Lost one of my trades I was supposed to receive over six weeks ago.

And yes, it has tracking. In other words, they can officially verify that it's lost and they don't know where it is.

After 37 days, a guy at the post office ACTUALLY said, "we may have to do a manual search at this point."

He's lucky he didn't end up in intensive care with that s--t.

— I made a trade with a member stationed overseas. He received my end in seven days flat.

He shipped the day after I did, and it's been 15 days and I haven't received mine yet.

But the "priority" mail "tracking" number does inform me that it was "accepted" 15 days ago.

— I mailed another card — yes, with "first class" tracking — on Monday, from California to Washington state. It's still not there yet, five days later.

WHAT EXACTLY IN THE EFF AM I PAYING EXTRA FOR, USPS!

YOU KNOW WHAT — F--K YOU!!!

Basically, I'm done trading. Sorry guys, but I can't take the stress.

This latest one, for example — I love the card I got from the guy in Washington.

I do not want to give it back. I also do not want to have to basically give up the card I gave up to get it, because I liked that one, too.

But as you know, you have to give up something to get something.

They are a freaking joke.

No wonder they're bankrupt — PIECES OF S--T!

Best case scenario — and this is BEST case — they just don't give a s--t about taking pride in their work.

Worst case — they are stealing my cards. Period. Has to be, right?

Think about this ... In, oh, I don't know, 20 years of sending my phone bill via regular mail with a plain old stamp, I have never ONCE had the phone company call me and tell me they didn't get it.

Sooooo ... but when I pay $3 and ship it safely in a bubble envelope AND pay extra for tracking, this can happen THREE EFFING TIMES in the last two months?

Yeah, you know what?

All the problems are in the San Jose and Oakland facilities, so there is obviously a doosh or two in those places that realizes what is probably in these bubble mailers and has to be pocketing them.

And yes, predictably, one of you will try to enlighten us about the processing machine and damaged mail and blah blah blah freaking blah.

Save it for someone who gives a crap.

It's been fun trading with most of you, but I'm not doing it anymore.
I sold a card a few months back on the e of bay, and shipped the next day with tracking. A week and a half later the guy messages me and says he didn't receive the card. I went to check it's tracking and it said it had been accepted at my local post office, but nothing after that. I called and they told me that sometimes smaller and light packages get stuck at the bottom of the bag, and are just sitting in the bag to be found and processed at some point. Sure enough, four weeks later the buyer received his card. Weird stuff can happen I guess?

Hope the same happens for you.
Wow bro...I know how you feel, just last week they refused to let me upgrade to certified mail to ship a 150 dollar card to Canada...worker looked at the item, wrote no value on the envelope and threw it in the bin before I could stop them...I was stunned...so there was ZERO tracking on an item that I sold for 150 bucks going to Canada...love it!
(11-24-2013, 09:24 PM)mnc99 Wrote: [ -> ]I sold a card a few months back on the e of bay, and shipped the next day with tracking. A week and a half later the guy messages me and says he didn't receive the card. I went to check it's tracking and it said it had been accepted at my local post office, but nothing after that. I called and they told me that sometimes smaller and light packages get stuck at the bottom of the bag, and are just sitting in the bag to be found and processed at some point. Sure enough, four weeks later the buyer received his card. Weird stuff can happen I guess?

Hope the same happens for you.
Good to know, thanks man ... RJ
(11-25-2013, 01:03 AM)swjrp10 Wrote: [ -> ]Wow bro...I know how you feel, just last week they refused to let me upgrade to certified mail to ship a 150 dollar card to Canada...worker looked at the item, wrote no value on the envelope and threw it in the bin before I could stop them...I was stunned...so there was ZERO tracking on an item that I sold for 150 bucks going to Canada...love it!
I saw that thread ... pretty amazing.

That also bothers me, where the people at the counter tell you different things depending on who you talk to.

For example, there's this one dill hole at my LPO that swears the $2.07 first class bubble mailer includes free tracking.

Technically it does, but it's an "in house" number where if you or I enter the code, it just gives you an error message.

But if you pay 90 cents EXTRA — which I always do, emphasis on the EXTRA — you get a number that you or the other person can track online.

Yet, he swears I'm wrong ... yet, his co-worker in literally the next window over is the one who taught me that.

Think they could ever, I don't know, compare notes?
We have the same problems in Canada. Regular package is $3.67...Regular package with tracking...$15.88!!! Ive send packages for $6 that had tracking!! I really am frusturated because i get a different rate every time even though the weight isn't that different. What bothers me more is they lost maybe 5 packages over the last three years. It doesn't sound like much but if it happens to every one its terrible. Just my take on this.
(11-25-2013, 09:41 PM)dan_dou_lea Wrote: [ -> ]We have the same problems in Canada. Regular package is $3.67...Regular package with tracking...$15.88!!! Ive send packages for $6 that had tracking!! I really am frusturated because i get a different rate every time even though the weight isn't that different. What bothers me more is they lost maybe 5 packages over the last three years. It doesn't sound like much but if it happens to every one its terrible. Just my take on this.
Ug.

International shipping, yet another issue.

Basically, I used to sell hockey cards on eBay all the time ... and for what it's worth, pretty much all of my Canadian customers were the nicest, friendliest people you could ask for.

They paid quickly, I shipped quickly, just sent it in a bubble mailer with no problems. Even had repeat customers!

Then, I had a problem ... shipped a basketball card (a 1/1 even) to a guy in Kentucky ... and he claimed he never got it.

Since I didn't have any tracking, PayPal automatically dinged me the $57 he had paid for the card.

(However, since my eBay track record was so good and I at least had the receipt showing the zip code it was sent to, PayPal refunded my money as well — with the stipulation that I use tracking on all of my future shipments.)

Well ... guess what ... as it turns out, pretty much 100 percent of all the buyers in Canada did not want to pay an extra $12 shipping per card to track it through customs (and wait an extra week or two in the process), so ...

That pretty much ended my hockey card buying/selling days.

I wasn't going to eat or split $12 in order to mail out a $15 single, and I didn't blame them for not wanting to pay it.

Some of the repeat customers were like, "hey, just send it to me like you used to," but after the PayPal incident I couldn't.

I mean, $12 ... to Canada?
Another bogus service of the USPS, is "confirmation delivery". Unless you pay extra for the recipient to actually sign their name that "they" received it, doesn't mean that it was actually delivered to the right house. On three or four occasions I have received my neighbor's packages that had confirmation delivery on the package.

Yep, they are pieces of do-do.
(11-26-2013, 09:27 AM)cbj collector Wrote: [ -> ]Another bogus service of the USPS, is "confirmation delivery". Unless you pay extra for the recipient to actually sign their name that "they" received it, doesn't mean that it was actually delivered to the right house. On three or four occasions I have received my neighbor's packages that had confirmation delivery on the package.

Yep, they are pieces of do-do.
This is the thing. With the millions upon millions of pieces they handle, I am genuinely amazed and impressed at their success rate.

But it bothers me to no end that when you pay for extras like "first class" or "priority mail" or "tracking" or "delivery confirmation," their record becomes much more spotty than when you simply mail something in a PWE with a 46-cent stamp.

It's literally the only business that I can think of where you're arguably better off paying for a cheaper service.

Think of it like this ... imagine you're hungry, you don't have much money on you, and you go to Taco Bell.

You ask the lady, "Hey, I only have a dollar, what can I get?"

"Well, sir, since you only have a dollar, we can't give you a regular taco, but we can give you a burrito supreme and an order of nachos bell grande."

I mean, that's literally what it's like at the USPS. Bizarre.