Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: jersey experts help on this letter!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm looking at nameplate letters....maybe I'm weird...but this looks like one off of a wings jersey:
[Image: _57_zpsdaf86966.jpg]

Opinions?
Is it the first or second R? Tongue

Does the back state which jersey? It would be hard to tell without a Wing's Jersey next to it.
You have to remember that Chicago does and did wear red jerseys for the longest time. So it may have been from a jersey when he was with the Hawks, not the jersey in the photo.
Probert also played for Detroit, so it could be.
It's a Blackhawks R. If you look at the nameplates from each team the R more resembles the Blackhawks typography. The legs of the R are more acute and angled as the Wings R's legs are more parallel and the space where they meet the middle is wider.
(11-12-2013, 09:20 PM)pens1fan Wrote: [ -> ]You have to remember that Chicago does and did wear red jerseys for the longest time. So it may have been from a jersey when he was with the Hawks, not the jersey in the photo.
Very good conclusion.
in comparing to Wings "R"s the font is right, but the letter is small... not sure if the Hawks used the same font
I'm assuming these pictures are from actual authentic jerseys and i'm not sure if the lettering ever changed, but based on these pictures i'd assume its from the chicago jersey. The leg of the R on the chicago seems closer in than on the red wings. The circle part seems more round on the wings than on the black hawks.
[Image: KGrHqVHJCUFI9KMuSYOBSRJTrj6pw60_35_zps70a87bd2.jpg]
[Image: miHlTSXdTqRWzT_RdXJvDOg_zps2e5a1587.jpg]