Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Pricing Help for Commons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I am going to sell a bulk of my common cards and I have about 10 full shoe box's full of common cards from 2010-2013 and I was wondering what you think a good price would be per a box.. each box is about 1000 cards of all commons some are numbered and some art usually from mid-range products (this is for help when going to sell them to a local card shop)
Unless there are some star players in there or the cards are from hot products, then you aren't going to get much for them (and most likely a card shop would pass on them altogether). There are companies that buy commons in order to repackage them, but they pay less than a penny per card. Good luck.
i sold 3 3200 count boxes of commons to my card shop for $10 a piece, i wanted to sell more of them but the owner declined because they are hard to move anyway. dont expect much, especially from a card shop, large boxes of mostly "worthless" (i use that term loosely) commons are hard to sell.
My LCS owner sells the two row boxes of base and low-end inserts of relative nobodies for like $15. He doesn't get very many people who leave the basketball at his store so he typically gives me about $10-15 in trade value for said boxes. I don't quite understand how it is a "win" for him but it is definitely a "win" for me. I move cards that I don't want and even get stuff that I do want. See if your LCS is interested in doing a trade like that? $10-15 in trade is probably better than any other cash offer that you may get.
Ten bucks each at a garage sale could work. I've bought some boxes that way just to make a kid happy and been pleasantly surprised with a few PC pickups while the rest is trade bait.
Thanks for the advice and help