Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ryan freaking Howard!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
whats up all!! hope ur sunday is off to a great start. anyways wanted to share a little story with u. so i was at dave and busters here in kansas at the legends with my buddy watching some college football. well i went to use the restroom. well i come walking out and happen to see this guy next to me. wouldnt u know it, it was Ryan Howard. the funny thing is i did that double take where u look the first time and then u look again to make sure ur not seeing things, lol!! so i shook his hand and talked to him for a few minutes. asking about his injury in the NLCS from a couple years back and other things. then i happen to tell him that i have a trip auto of him, pujols and fielder all on the same card. he was like, "nice". he even went as far to see if i had the pic of the card i have. well he goes to the bar and we r across from him. i point him out to my buddy and we start talking about him. well needless to say, no one seems to recognize him at all. i was like, really. well i wanted this moment to last, lol, so i proceeded to walk over and ask for a pic. i was like hey i was wondering if i can take a quick pic. but i understand if u decline. u wanting to be alone. he was like yeah its cool. lets make it fast so no one recognizes me. i was like right on. well after i got done, i thanked him and i said good luck next year. after that experience, Ryan is a cool ***** dude!! he could have declined and been rude. but he wasnt. so here is the pic that i got with him.
[Image: ryanhowardphoto_zps1858623e.jpg]
That's awesome!!! Judging by the interviews I've seen of his he does seem like a cool guy.
yeah he was laid back. and like i said, no one knew him. i'm just happy that i know alot more about baseball than some others there. and believe me, the place was crawling with teenagers!! lol
I've never heard a bad word about him off the field. Congrats. Reminds me of a story about him here in Philly. Long story short there was a wedding reception at a well known local restaurant here and the groom as a joke has place cards for Ryan Howard and a couple other Phillies and who comes walking in to eat...Ryan Howard. He and a friend were told about the placecard and he went in mingled with the people in the wedding and ate with them. He seems like a great guy.
my great aunt, who turned 80 this year, is a huge phillies fan, absolute diehard. if she met ryan howard, she might kneecap him :p

unless howard was with papelbon, then she would ask howard to hold papelbon down while she kicked him in the gibleys
Brand new respect for Ryan Howard! That is an awesome story...
Great story! Glad to hear about a star player that's not an egotistical head case! Much respect to Mr. Howard

Hey, if you ever get a second chance to see him, ask him about his famous relatives, Moe, Curly and Shemp! Smile (N'yuk! N'yuk! N'yuk!)
great story, that is what I get for staying in OP, I need to get out more!! Wonder why he was here
Cool story. Ryan Howard, a giant among men.
Awesome! You lucky dog. Always have liked Howard.
Pages: 1 2 3