Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Topps Update rc's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does anybody out there know which cards from this years Topps Update have the rc logo on the front but is not designated as a rc by Beckett? I know there are some. I just don't know where to go to see pictures of them.
My guess would be the cards of the player that show the MLB debut date in foil on the front are the ones that are not designated as RC.
The "Pro Debut" subset aren't real RC's.
Yes the debut date ones are not RC. They look cool though. lol
Yeah, I noticed that they threw the RC logo on the minis of puig and myers I pulled too. It does make the card look better, but its going to be annoying long-term. I thought they stopped doing that a while back?

Also, I noticed that chrome update rc's are not getting the rc distinction either in beckett. The pro debuts i understand, but don't get why the chromes arent
I just collect all the RC logo cards that way I know I'm good to go and if a few turn out not to be true RC's so be it.
If it's not a base card (no inserts, no debut date, SP ect), it's not a RC.
(11-06-2013, 05:15 PM)petillo64 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I noticed that chrome update rc's are not getting the rc distinction either in beckett. The pro debuts i understand, but don't get why the chromes arent
I noticed the same thing and had the same question. The Chrome are not inserts, they come in their own packs with their own set of inserts. I certainly hope that Beckett changes the listing, as it doesn't make sense to have the regular Topps Update card listed as a RC but not the Chrome card.
Update Chrome is considered a "parallel" set to update I guess.
(11-07-2013, 12:29 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: [ -> ]Update Chrome is considered a "parallel" set to update I guess.
Not any more so than Chrome is a parallel to the base Topps set. The Update Chrome is 55 cards compared to the 330 card Update set. The Chrome Update set came in its own packs too. So it is not a parallel set, nor is it an insert set.
Pages: 1 2