Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Trades grr..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, everyone. i'd like it for ppl to stop sending me trades with abunch of junk they cant move, and trying to take decent ones from me. if you want to trade just send open offers. Don't load my side with crap, and as soon as I question something or you put a team I don't even collect up for trade you cancel. This has happened to me quite abit lately. if you want to trade please let me pick out what I want and not what you don't want or cant move. Thank you for the read, but I really felt this thread was necessary to save your time and mine....

Jeff
Good call Jeff I agree
Do you have your wants marked as "trade for" ?? I generally don't add a card into a trade on your side unless it has a yellow star by it, and if it does have a yellow star, I consider it fair game (on both sides).

So is it generally true that if I don't have any cards that you marked with yellow stars, that I should go ahead and send an open-ended offer anyway?
I hear ya Jeff but that's how to hobby seems to belately, people want to get rid of their junk in return for nice and trade-able cards, although i just shoot those offer down one thing has been bugging me a lot lately, not on this site though.

When am working a trade with someone and we've both said what we like from each others traders i always send the BVs beside the card name to speed things up. Well i've come across a few times where in talks i've left out BV - for example 12-13 Luxury suite STK $10 instead of 12-13 Luxury suite STK BV $10 - and like 3 times now i've had the other person come back to me saying that i've way over valued my card and under valued their card and it just baffles me that they think so highly of their card that when i put the BV its to low but BV of my card is too high, im guessing they dont have a beckett to realize that im pulling the numbers from them not just from thin air as they are doing.
I've noticed that problem with most other sites which has really slowed down my trading. This site for the most part i feel has been pretty fair. But my trades have slowed down insanely due to this which has left me purchasing cards....

people putting value on cards seems to be a problem with the industry. Everybody thinks they have a super valuable card. I mean seriously, I know Tim Cheveldae was a Hall of Fame goaltender posting records that will never be touched until the NHL tests for PHD, but to pay 250 for a 1/1 just seems a bit nuts. Let alone paying 70 for a /20 and 90 for a /5 when a very similar /20 sold for 13 dollars. I even offered 50 a card and 100 for the 1/1 which i think i'm insane for doing, but still. they'd rather watch another 6 months go on this card with no hits. anyway, Now that i've hijacked your thread i do feel a little better though.
The idea of fair trade often eludes many.