Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Beckett Mag and Card Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone surprised by how many dealers at card shows use Beckett magazine and don't have OPG? I'm also surprised at how long it takes them to locate a card in the mag. I've only come across one dealer in my card show life who had OPG and that was one of the best transaction experiences I've had.
That being said the OPG is not as user friendly as it could be mobile. Why doesn't Beckett create a true mobile OPG app? What's really surprising to me is how long they are taking to bring a product out like this?
Nick - I agree, it is surprising. you would think they would go hand in hand.

Flanders - It's taken a long time to get to where we are today. It's finally got some balls behind it and is getting on the better. I wonder if it has anything to do with the merg or takeover of COMC.COM . Either way, Nothing surprises me on the speed of things here, but i'm sure its in the works so do not take negativity to my comment because its always good to see new people behind here. Things are finally for the better though.
Most people just look up completed listings on eBay with their phones at card shows.
All depends on if they have access to wifi or internet. The last one I was at was at a mall and the dealers had OPG, and like you said, it was great. But I've been to others, like in a community hall or say a "church" type building and they have not had it. I think a lot of it stems on if wifi or internet is made available to them.
To be honest I never even considered it for shows. I guess it would take a lot of the guess work and searching out.
I think there's still a lot of tradition embedded in the hobby and at shows. Traveling with a trusty Beckett mag tends to be the norm. But it takes a lot longer to find listed cards than it was in the old days so an app is definitely the way to go.

Not all show venues have Wi-Fi but it's starting to become the norm. I've been bugging Leaside Gardens where The Toronto Card Show is held for years to get Wi-Fi and they've finally listened. It's not setup yet but it's going to be... finally!

I always take my laptop to shows, even without internet i can still access my want lists. And as I add cards my lists update.
(11-11-2013, 11:34 PM)bluefrozencanuck Wrote: [ -> ]I always take my laptop to shows, even without internet i can still access my want lists. And as I add cards my lists update.

I know you want to know how?
I use the card collector program, its not always accurate but close enough, and you can download checklists from beckett if you have a subscription.